BETTER AUDIO TO GO
- Digital Audio Sampling. Robertson, Hal // Videomaker;Nov2011, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p61
The article discusses the path audio signals take to get from the microphone to the tape or memory cards. It describes how microphones transform acoustic energy into an electrical signal, and the improvements made on the old cassette tape, such as what digital audio does when coming up with...
- STUDIO IN A BOX. Gallagher, Mitch // Performing Songwriter;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 95, p66
Presents information about Digital Audio Workstations. Advantages of utilizing digital workstations for recording artists; Features of a digital audio workstation to consider when selecting or deciding to purchase one.
- Sound Buy? Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;4/12/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p81
Offers the author's experience using the Diamond Multimedia's Rio PMP300 digital player. How it can download music from the Internet; Difficulties with the software called MusicMatch JukeBox; Capability of the built-in memory.
- IMSTA Forms To Address Software IP Rights. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;10/30/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 44, p45
Presents an update on audio recording as of October 2004. Information on the Audio Engineering Society Convention to be held in San Francisco, California; Details of a problem associated with digital audio workstation-based recording.
- Olympus DM-10/Marantz PMD670. Hastings, Jeffrey // School Library Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p28
Evaluates the DM-10 and Marantz PMD670 digital audio recorders from Olympus America Inc. and offers information on audio quality, recording capacity and product limitations.
- PUSHING THE LIMITS OF Native Processing. Nunes, Tony // Mix;Jul2007, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on hardware-based digital audio workstation (DAW). DAW manufacturers and interface companies have begun offering platforms for launching host-based systems to exciting new performance levels. With the price/performance ratios at an all-time high, the future outlook for native...
- DAT's Last Stand. Ciletti, Eddie // Mix;Apr2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p128
The article discusses Digital Audio Tape (DAT) technology. DAT machines are still a repairable item in 2004. The shift from absolute to timecode (TC) repairs reveals a trend among two groups: those who can afford to "wade out" a new technology wave and those who must jump in and ride the wave to...
- Sound Editing. BALSER, BEN // Videomaker;Nov2011, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p31
The article discusses audio as a crucial part of the final video product, and gives an overview of the audio mixing situation. It cites available software packages, including Apple's Final Cut Pro X and Avid's Media Composer, and Adobe's Premiere Pro, for their ability to do basic audio editing...
- Edirol R-09. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jan2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p114
The article evaluates the digital recording device Edirol R-09 from Edirol Corp.