fields & frames
- Platforms, Not Hardware, Make The Mobile Market. McAteer, Seamus // Billboard;11/5/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 45, p6
Discusses issues regarding product launches in the U.S. mobile phone industry in 2005. Introduction of the Motorola ROKR mobile phone; Lesson that must be learned by Apple Computer from the N-Gage debacle; Number of handsets that are in use in the U.S.
- INDUSTRY SOUNDS OFF ABOUT MOTOROLA'S NEW MUSIC PHONE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/19/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the global proliferation of Motorola Corp.'s iPod ROKR mobile handset, the first Apple Computer Inc.-branded music phone. Prediction that the ROKR is going to be a hit during holiday season; Criticism of Apple Computer Inc. and Motorola's commitment to executing their plans for a...
- A MARKET OF ONE. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;9/19/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p20
Comments on the ROKR device from Motorola Corp. and Apple Computer Inc., which combines a wireless handset with an iPod. Importance of technical specifications and artistic merits; Internet protocol television's ability to identify individual set-tops.
- Why You Can't Buy an iPod Phone --Yet. Hanson, John; Teitell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on the reasons behind the delay in the release of the iPod cellular telephone from companies Apple and Motorola. Criticism against the conflict of priorities between wireless device manufacturers and wireless carriers; Information on the plan of wireless carriers to restrict...
- Motorola, Apple partner to bring iTunes wireless. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;8/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the plan of Apple Computer Inc. to further its foray into the wireless communications world by allowing its downloadable iTunes to play on Motorola Inc. mobile telephone handsets. Benefits of the partnership to users; Terms of the deal; Remarks from Ed Zander of Motorola on the...
- Think outside the Pod. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p34
The article reports on Motorola ROKR which comes preinstalled with Apple's iTunes software and has practically all the features and functions of an iPod music player. The importance of having iTunes on the cellular phone is not the music-playback feature, but the fact that for the first time, it...
- Apple Unveils iTunes Phone, New iPod. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/19/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p34
This article reports on a mobile telephone pre-installed with Apple's iTunes music software that will be launched by Apple and Motorola in 2005. The GSM telephone called Rokr will be available in the U.S. through Cingular for a suggested $249.99 with a two-year commitment. It can store up to 100...
- Untitled. // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p8
Reports that Motorola launches a limited edition of its V600 camera cellular phone in Great Britain in 2003.
- Motorola's wireless data stands apart. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p60
Reports that Motorola Inc. is pursuing separate development approaches for its wireless data communication and cellular telephones. Business customers targeted by the company for its wireless messaging system; Concentration of Motorola on the consumer market for its cellular telephone services.