- CIRCUIT BOARD. // Student Lawyer;Apr2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p36
This section offers news and information on events involving several American Bar Association (ABA) Law Student Division circuits. The Latino College Access Conference held in Rhode Island was organized by Delia Rodriguez, a student at Roger Williams University School of Law. Students at Georgia...
- Top 25 Law Schools. // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;12/23/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p11
A table is presented which lists the top 25 law schools granting most degrees to Hispanics in the U.S. including the Florida International University, St. Thomas University, and the American University.
- Understanding Hispanic Students Colorado State University. // Education Week;3/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p36
The article presents information on Hispanic Students Colorado State University.
- Latin-American Universities. Waggoner, George R. // Journal of Higher Education;Feb1968, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p111
The article reports on Latin-American Universities. Latin-American university does not have a college of arts and sciences, a college which incorporates departments in the basic academic disciplines. In a seminar represented by most Latin-American countries held in Peru, the major theme was the...
- Hispanics in Texas File Bias Lawsuit. W. S. // Education Week;12/9/1987, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a coalition of Hispanic organizations and students against the higher education policies in Texas. The lawsuit charges that the state higher education policies discriminate against Hispanics. It claimed that the admissions and recruitment policies at...
- College Officials Lobby Congress For Boost In Hispanic-Serving Institution Funding. Dervarics, Charles // Community College Week;9/12/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the effort of Hispanic-serving colleges and universities to urge the U.S. Congress to create program aimed at enhancing graduate education under Title V of the Higher Education Act, as of September 2005. Description of the law; Legislations proposed to increase the undergraduate program.
- Priming the Pump...Battling the Homefront. Rivera, Miquela // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;8/25/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p32
The author reflects on the challenges Hispanic students face when preparing for higher education including outside barriers and family-related issues. Topics discussed include why relatives usually tend to discourage many Latinos from achieving their dreams, the culture of Latino families, and...
- Higher Education Valued. // District Administration;Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that a recent national survey of young adults shows that the majority of them value higher education, according to Public Agenda, the nonprofit, nonpartisan opinion research organization. Money plays a big role in the final decision for college and the shortage of high school...
- Global 360. // T+D;Aug2003, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p15
Universitas 21 Global is a consortium of 16 top-ranked MBA Schools, including the National University of Singapore, University of Hong Kong, and University of Melbourne, Victoria. Students worldwide can earn their MBA at the online university in the Asia Pacific. Universitas 21 Global expects to...