Exposition Speakers Salute McNeill
- Europe Visit Highlights Foreign Councils' Unique Challenges. McNeill, Sheila M. // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p58
Highlights the visit of Navy League of United States president Sheila M. McNeill to European councils. Meeting with French Riviera-Monaco Council president Avery Glize-Kane; Participation in the first European Region Conference in Italy; Awarding of the Golden Anchor Award from the Spanish Navy...
- NLUS Moves Forward Into Second Century of Service. Hessman, James D. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p190
Provides information about the Navy League organization in the U.S. Organizational structure; Brief history of the organization; Services offered; Duties and responsibilities of Navy League National President Sheila M. McNeill.
- Puerto Vallarta Rolls Out Welcome Mat At Mexico, Caribbean Regional Meeting. Atkinson, Peter // Sea Power;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p50
Reports on developments relating to the members of the Navy League as of May 2005. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Council's hosting of the annual meeting on February 18-19, 2005; Welcome given to Navy Leaguers from Rome aboard the USS Mount Whitney; Death of former national president John R. Fisher.
- United States Navy Organization and Missions. // Sea Power;Jan2008, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the organizations and missions of the U.S. Navy. These organizations include Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED), Naval Education and Training Command (NETC), and Naval Aviation Systems Command (NAVAIR). It states that the U.S. Navy serves as a front line of...
- Facing the Challenges Ahead. McGrath, J. Michael // Sea Power;Dec2007, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p3
The author reflects on his plans and actions towards the improvement of the Navy League of the United States. He stated that increasing membership is his number one priority, aside from the other four programs that include youth programs, finance and public affairs. He added that his main...
- McNeill: 31 December Deadline For Professional Excellence Awards. // Sea Power;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p54
Reports that Navy League National president Sheila M. McNeill has announced that nominations for the League's 2004 Professional Excellence Awards will be accepted until December 31, 2003. Invitation of the award winner to be a guest of the Navy League at the 2004 NLUS National Convention on...
- Council Support Will Be Key To 'America's Strength' Campaign. ATKINSON, PETER // Sea Power;Jun2015, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p62
The article focuses on the campaign "America's Strength" launched by the U.S. Navy League to support the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps team and increase awareness related to the strain of overextension and underfunding for the Department of the Navy in future. Topics discussed include views of...
- THE NAVY LEAGUE'S NATIONAL LEADERSHIP. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p191
Presents a list of leaders and officers of the Navy League in the U.S. Sheila M. McNiell, National President; William C. Kelley Jr., Chairman, National Advisory Committee; Edwin L. Carter, Vice President, Finance.
- Why Not Plug-and-Play Naval Units? Patton, Jr., J. H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec99, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p2
Recommends the use of plug-and-play naval units at the United States Navy. Importance for the Navy to standardize procedures to enable ships to fit from one fleet to another; Urgency of the need illustrated by the limitations encountered by units in a naval war game.