NGSS's Dur: 'We Are One Shipyard'
- India Defence Update. // Military Technology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p67
The article offers news briefs related to Indian defence as of September 2014 on topics including Indian defence spending, India FMS (foreign military sale) C-130J-30s to be funded by Lockheed Martin, and the Indian government's request for sale of 12 UGM-84L HARPOON Block II missiles.
- U.S. plays out merger endgame. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/14/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the probable merger between US defense contractors Lockheed Martin Corp. and Northrup Grumman Co. Competition projected with Boeing Corp.; The need for regulatory approval; Debate about consolidation within the industry; Possible effects on the aircraft and defense industries.
- Hot Stock Tip: Big Money in Armaments. // American Prospect;10/7/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p7
Explains that the defense industry is a good choice to invest in the U.S. Rise of stocks of Lockheed Martin and Northrup Grumman, two of the major companies in the defense industry; Increase of spending by the U.S. Department of Defense in 2002.
- Justice spoils would-be nuptials between Lockheed and Northrop. Dorsch, Jeff // Electronic News;07/20/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2228, p60
Reports on Lockheed Martin's termination of its merger agreement with Northrop Grumman Corp. United States Department of Defense's announcement of the failure of talks aimed at resolving the antitrust lawsuits against the companies; Comments from the companies' executives; Products supplied by...
- Hail to defense stocks. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;11/11/2014, p1
Several graphs showing the conditions of stocks of several U.S.-based defense companies including Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman Corp. in the New York Stock exchange from 2003 to 2013 are presented.
- Northrop Grumman Gets Go-ahead for US Navy EW Upgrade. // Microwave Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p63
Reports on the approval of the low rate initial production of Northrop Grumman Corp.'s AN/SLQ-32(V) Electronic Surveillance Enhancement (ESE) by the U.S. Navy. Success of the ESE program in passing all test objectives during its operational assessment; Use of the SLQ-32(V) as the principal...
- PART IV: NEWS IN BRIEF. // Naval Forces;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p142
The article presents news briefs relevant to the naval defense industry compiled as of April 2006. A French Court turned down the move by four environmental organizations to ban the scrapping of former aircraft carrier Clemanceau in India. Terma has been awarded a contract by the Northrop...
- Cleaning up an expensive preferred. Bruch, Libby // Global Finance;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on the deal made by Lockheed Martin with Northrop Grumman which involved a complex buyback of convertible preferred shares. Strategies applied by Lockheed in the deal; Impact on Lockheed's shareholders; Lockheed's intention to issue 86 million common shares to buy Northrop; Impact of...
- Farewell Grumman. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/07/97, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Northrop Grumman Corp. by Lockheed Martin Corp.