A Legislative Agenda For Transformational Times
- THE STYX MISSILE: A TURNING POINT IN NAVAL WARFARE. // Sea Classics;Aug2014, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p50
The article offers information regarding the development and use of Styx missiles, the surface-to-surface, anti-ship missiles, in naval warfare. It notes that the missile, which can be traced back to Nazi Germany's WWII Henschel Hs 293 radio controlled anti-ship glide bomb, became the first...
- AIR-LAUNCHED WEAPONS. // Sea Power;Jan2008, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p108
The article offers information on several air-launched weapons of the U.S. Navy. They include the AGM-84K Standoff Land Attack Missile- Expanded Response (SLAM-ER), the AGM-84D Harpoon autonomous, allweather, and over-the-horizon antiship missile, and the AGM-65 Maverick air-to-surface tactical...
- COMBAT FLEETS. Wertheim, Eric // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2012, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p92
The article reports on Taiwan's plan to start retrofitting Harpoon Block II antiship missiles into its Dutch-built submarines, the Hai Hu and sister Hai Lung. The Block II variant of the Harpoon antiship missile includes upgrades allowing it to operate in crowded littoral regions and has a range...
- Test Fire of SSM Hatf -II (Abali). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p39
The article reports on the successful test firing of the Short Range Surface to Surface Ballistic Missile Hatf-II (Abdali).
- Untitled. // New Yorker;5/22/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 14, p112
An excerpt from the article about a small warhead that could be used in Lance surface-to-surface missiles and military shells that was published in "The Times" is presented.
- Taiwan's submarines to get Harpoon missiles. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/29/2012, p3
The article reports that Taiwan's two submarines are scheduled for a major upgrade by being equipped with up to 32 UGM-84A Harpoon anti-ship missiles. Installing the missile in Taiwan's Dutch-made submarines will require technical modifications. The Taiwan Navy's Kidd-class destroyers,...
- CUSHION YOUR BUDGET. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug2001, Issue 585, p45
Presents tips on the maintenance of the seat cushions of the Avenger missile system.
- India's Rocket to Glory. // News 'n' More;May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p5
The article provides information on Agni-V, a nuclear-capable missile developed in India. This long-range missile was test-fired on April 19, 2012 from Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha state. It belongs to the family of Agni surface-to-surface missiles and it can also reach the other...
- Nuclear-capable Missile Test-fired Accurately. George, Nirmala // India -- West;6/17/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 30, pA34
The article reports that India has successfully test-fired its short-range Prithvi missile, which is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead weighing 500 to 1000 kilograms for 330 kilometers, and was launched from the Chandipur missile test range in Orissa, India.