High court won't hear protest of Florida tax
- Catalog firm asks high court to overturn Florida use tax. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30542, p31
Examines the lawsuit by catalog firm Sharper Image Corp. aimed at overturning Florida's use tax. Argument that the state of Florida unfairly exempts newspapers but not publishers of catalogs from use tax; Use tax computation; Expected impact of the case on use tax laws in other states.
- iPULSE ZIPCONNECT SPEAKERS WITH COLORSYNC LIGHT SHOW. // Skiing;Jan2006, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p48
The article evaluates the iPulse Zipconnect speakers from Sharper Image.
- Sharper duds on horizon. // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p25
Reports on three New York-based consumer product companies who signed licensing agreements with Sharper Image. LDM Enterprises Inc.; Swank Inc.; Sisbro International Technology Inc.
- One for the road. Cole, Melanie // Hispanic;Oct1995, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p64
Features Sharper Image Corp.'s Exasperated Traveler line of bags.
- Sharper Image will launch spa stores, catalog in spring. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 116, p2
Reports on San Francisco, Calif.-based Sharper Image's launch of its Sharper Image Spa, a catalog and retail store chain directed to women consumers. Concept reminiscent of lifestyle bent of Estee Lauder division Origins; Estimates of sales volume in 1995; Number of stores operated by Sharper...
- Learn from other failures. // Marketing Research;Summer2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the lessons learned from the bankruptcy of the Sharper Image Corp.
- I'll be talking to you. // Sell!ng;Sep98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on the Voice Activated Auto Dialer, a system from the Sharper Image company. Features of the system; Cost of the system; Where additional information may be obtained.
- sound asleep. Ryan, Ali // Heart & Soul;Aug2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p92
Features the Sound Shooter from The Sharper Image, a digital recording of natural sounds designed to help a person sleep.
- Sharper Image. Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/28/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p56
Features San Francisco-based gizmo-retailer The Sharper Image. Company background, profile and operations; Establishment and features of company's e-commerce site; Award received; Use of 3-D imaging technology; Conceptualization of the Website design by Richard Thalheimer.