NAVY LEAGUE 2005 NORFOLK CONVENTION JUNE 1-5, 2005
- EURONAVAL 2008. Legien, Wolfgang // Naval Forces;2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p95
Information about several topics discussed at the EURONAVAL 2008, the largest maritime exposition on the Latin American continent, is presented. Topics include the concentration of the European naval industrial sector as a necessary precondition for being able to compete with Asia, America, and...
- Any Day in the Navy. Johnston, Marie G. // All Hands;Oct2004, Issue 1050, preceding p1
Presents several pictures depicting the activities of U.S. navy.
- European Conference Highlights Overseas Council Challenges. Atkinson, Peter // Sea Power;Nov2006, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p64
Information about the highlights of the Second European Councils Conference of the Navy League held in Barcelona, Spain on September 29-October 1, 2006 is presented. The key issues discussed during the convention included revitalizing the councils for the acquisition and retention of members,...
- India's Naval Posture - An Assessment. // Military Technology;2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses issues concerning the status and capabilities of the Indian Navy. India's first aircraft carrier-led deployment to Southeast Asia took place in July-August 2005. This initiative is indicative of the degree to which Asia now occupies an increasingly important place in...
- Around the Fleet. // All Hands;Jun2003, Issue 1034, p8
Presents news on the activities of the U.S. Navy establishment recent as of June 2003. Return of the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln after ten years in deployment; Mine detection technology of U.S.S. Bataan; Creation of the Naples Sexual Assault Victim Intervention in response to growing sexual assault...
- Help Keep This the Greatest Navy. Natter, Robert J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2000, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p2
Discusses issues that are considered important in the future of the U.S. Naval Institute. Retaining great people; Meeting the Navy's commitment; Maintaining adequate force levels and readiness.
- Naval Coastal Warfare: The Fleet's Eyes in the Littorals. Rawley, Christopher // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2004, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p72
This article focuses on the U.S. Naval Coastal Warfare (NCW) forces. NCW forces played a critical role in protecting commercial and military sealift during the 1991 Gulf War and Operation Iraqi Freedom. With the proper investments in training and equipment, NCW can contribute far more...
- Imminent Danger Pay, Combat Zone Tax Relief Now Offered to Select Units. // All Hands;Apr2004, Issue 1044, p13
Reports that Navy personnel who deployed to the eastern Mediterranean Sea in the opening weeks of Operation Iraqi Freedom are entitled to Imminent Danger Pay and Combat Zone Tax Relief benefits. Sacrifices made by the sailors.
- From Our Archive. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2004, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p22
In May 1952, the USS Perch, here encased in pancaked ice, participated in an exercise in the Arctic reaches of Alaska. This portion of the exercise was to acclimate personnel to various climatic conditions. This and other photos are available as prints through the Naval Institute Photo Archive.