- What does the Army Need? Saleem, Farrukh // Hilal;2012, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p9
The article presents the author's views on the need of the Pakistani Army in its state of war against Non-State Violent Actors (NSA). He comments that physical, moral and mental are three different levels at which the Pakistan Army is fighting. He remarks that confidence of Pakistanis in their...
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Colombia;Sep2006, p5
The article provides information on the defense sector of Colombia. Colombia's Ministry of Defense exercises jurisdiction over an army, navy, air force and national police under the leadership of a civilian Minister of Defense. Real spending on the country's defense has increased every year...
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Paraguay;Aug2004, p5
Presents information on armed forces in Paraguay. Mandate on military service; Number of army personnel; Functions of the military.
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // Spain Defence & Security Report;Q3 2008, p41
The article presents an outlook on the defence industry in Spain from 2008 to 2011. It states that the move towards professionalisation and modernisation has resulted in the progressive cutting of army personnel numbers over recent years. The present administration has emphasized the need to...
- THE YUGOSLAVIAN/SOUTHERN SLAVONIC AIR FORCE UNTIL 1930. Gábor, Berkovics; Zoltán, Krajnc // HadmÃ©rnÃ¶k;jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p5
In this article the authors will describe the first 18 years of Yugoslavian Air Force, primarily relying on the Hungarian military sources. Our southern neighbour made respectable and successful efforts to create and maintain a powerful air force in the third decade of the XXth century, and to...
- Armed Forces And Government Spending. // Chile Defence & Security Report;2011, p69
The article offers information on Armed Forces and government spending in Chile as of January 2011. It references data released by the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS). It considers the implication of the dependence of defense procurement on copper prices. It describes the...
- Marshall Islands Defense Forces. // 1992 CIA World Factbook;3/1/2006, p697
A section of the book "The World Factbook 1992" is presented which states that the U.S. is responsible for the defense forces in Marshall Islands.
- Micronesia, Federated States of Defense Forces. // 1992 CIA World Factbook;3/1/2006, p726
A section of the book "The World Factbook 1992" is presented which states that defense in the Federated States of Micronesia is the responsibility of the U.S.
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // Italy Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p69
The article presents an outlook on the defence industry in Italy from 2007 to 2014. It states that the shift towards professionalisation and modernisation has led to the progressive cutting of army personnel numbers in recent years. It mentions that there will be additional cuts to army...