Tightening the Net
- The Naval War in Baltic: November 1939 - March 1940. Stoker, Donald // Baltic Security & Defence Review;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p60
The article discusses the naval war in the Baltic Sea regions from November 1939 to March 1940. It describes the preparations of Finland and the Baltic States against the anticipated Soviet attack. The naval war describes Finland's defense and the Soviet's success in the Baltic States, where...
- conception. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p504
Definitions of the term "conception," which refers to the mental process of forming an idea or the onset of pregnancy marked by implantation of a fertilized ovum in the uterine wall, are presented.
- SEEMINGLY HORRIFYING IDEAS THAT COULD HAVE POTENTIAL. // Atlantic;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 302 Issue 1, p79
The article lists ideas from 2008 that might be better than they initially appear including yoga for the Nintendo Wii game system, wastewater recycling, and talking to our enemies.
- Word Hunt. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;1/22/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p4
The article explains the concept of the term "big idea" or "main idea."
- FROM THE EDITORS. // Naval War College Review;Winter2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss various articles within the issue, including "Moral, Ethical, and Psychological Preparation of Soldiers and Units for Combat" by H. R. McMaster, "Places and Bases: The Chinese Navy's Emerging Support Network in the Indian...
- International Naval Cooperation during the Spanish Civil War. Siegel, Adam B. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Autumn2001, Issue 29, p82
Examines the international naval cooperation during the Spanish Civil War. Significance of the civil war on the world peace; Spanish military leadership's attempt to overthrow the left-wing Republican government; Countries involved in the evacuation operations; Professional courtesies involved...
- Thinking About China's Navy. Clausen, Perry // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2005, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p4
The article informs that the United States is headed for a naval war with China. Of all of the shortsighted defense procurement decisions a government can make, the failure to fund steady, balanced shipbuilding is the worst of all. Feast and famine is the most expensive way to build ships....
- Unused Lists. // Outdoor Life;May2012, Vol. 219 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the ideas that were not included in this issue including the top 10 hunts, seven tips for bottling Estrous Deer Scent and 5 world records.
- SHELF CHECK #93. Galore, Poesy // American Libraries;Nov2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
The author explains her concept of a woman. According to the author, what people does not realize is that she is never was a representation of a woman. She is a concept and an idea. She does not refer to real woman any more than a silhouette of a unicorn refers to a real animal.