Most Texas muni utilities give thumbs up on deregulation
- Utility's sale could harm tax status. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p1
Reports on Denton, Texas' plan to sell its electric power generation capacity, including its stake in the Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA). Possibility that the TMPA's debt will lose its tax-exempt if Denton sells its investment in TMPA to a for-profit company; Denton's search for ways to...
- TMPA: Texas Municipal Power Agency. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p43A
Features the Texas Municipal Power Agency. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Denton, Tex., puts utility sale on hold while bidders kick the tires. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p3
Reports on the delay on the plan of Denton, Texas, to liquidate its electric utility assets until November 1999 to give bidders more time to conduct due diligence. Deadline for final bids for the assets; Denton's stake in the Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA); Possible role of bidders in...
- TMPA decreases O&M expenses. Hansen, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Aug95, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the Maintenance Planning and Control (MPAC) system implemented by Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA) for TSW International Inc. which makes operation and maintenance (O&M) procedures more efficient and cost effective. Features; Applications; Budget; Expected savings by September 30,...
- Texas power agency coming to market with $45 million deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p30
Reports that the Texas Municipal Power Agency has unified its taxable commercial paper program. Factors prompting the agency's decision to unify its program; Rating given to the agency's commercial paper issues.
- Asset Care system produces savings for Texas Municipal Power Agency. // Power Engineering;Jan96, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the reduction in the operating and maintenance costs of Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA) through the Maintenance Planning and Control (MPAC) system from TSW International Inc. MPAC as software applications for efficient and cost effective maintenance procedures; Predicted amount to...
- Deregulation: The show goes on. Hazan, Earl // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the deregulation of electric utilities in the United States. Provision of customer choice in electricity; Agreement of different states to reformat existing operations; Implementation of measures to ensure competitiveness of generating facilities. INSET: The PECO story..
- Living Life on the Wild Side. Bush, Rick // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p4
Examines the decision of electric utilities in the United States to move into the deregulated sector. Examples of for-profit activities conducted by the companies; Background information on Power Delivery Field Services; Attributes of people in the regulated business.
- First into deregulation, for better or worse. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p6A
Focuses on California's electric utility deregulation plans. Plans of the state's three leading investor-owned utilities to sell rate reduction bonds; Prediction of full-scale deregulation in southeastern states. INSETS: California's plan for electric utility deregulation.;Action on the federal...