Fitch still gives A To ACA claims paying
- S&P Puts ACA on CreditWatch, Warns of Two-Notch Drop to BB. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p1
Reports on the rating of the bonds of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Failure of the bond insurer to raise additional capital; Long-term solidarity of the franchise; Additional capital needed for long-term basis.
- With ACA, Some Saw Disaster and Others Opportunities. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p6
Focuses on the effect of capital infusion into ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. on the company's bond prices in the United States. Issues on the rate assigned to the ACA-insured bonds; Concern over the ACA trading value; Reactions of investors and analysts on the market prices of ACA-insured bonds.
- After a Close Call, S&P Sees Promise in ACA's A-Rated Future. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p6
Focuses on the performance evaluation of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. by the Standard & Poor's annual report. Examination of previous performance; Factors for the decrease of ACA capital; Loss of capital due to reliance on reinsurance; Significance of the evaluation for future investments.
- Back From Brink, ACA Gets Good News Via Fitch. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s affirmation of its A rating with a stable outlook for the bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. ACA Financial's receipt of a $60 million capital infusion over a period of 12 months; Amount of the company's statutory capital.
- Line blurs between insurers as triple-A's wrap single-A deals. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p1
Reports on the blurred line between bond issuers who are eligible for triple-A bond insurance and those candidates for ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s single-A guarantee in the United States. Transactions wrapped by the MBIA Insurance Corp.; Qualifications for the no-loss underwriting standard.
- City in Virginia To Stop Bond Payments. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;12/30/2014, p1
Buena Vista, Va., will stop making payments on a golf course bond issue that its officials say has become an albatross around the small city's finances.
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio, gets AAA just five years after treasurer troubles. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30699, p3
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s rating on Cuyahoga County, Ohio's general obligation bonds as of August 6, 1999. Financial recovery of the county; Payment for a variety of projects.
- ACA Spreads Widen as Insurer Continues Seeking Capital. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p1
Reports on U.S. insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s efforts to raise capital as spreads on bonds it insured widened since Fitch Ratings Inc. issued a ratings downgrade in May 2004. Reasons behind the downgrade; Equity capital contributed by ACA's existing investors; Financial woes encountered...
- Broome County, N.Y., IDAs $50 Million Deal Has ACA Backing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p44
Reports on the plan of the Industrial Development Agency to sell the civic facility revenue bonds in ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in Broome County, New York. Move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to review the rating of the bond; Expectation for the agency to issue additional tax-exempt bonds;...