Weathering shortage, managers hold tight to Minnesota credits
- Some fund managers troubled by the debt insurance craze. Kushner, Aviya // Bond Buyer;07/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30188, p8
Reports on the concerns of some managers of insured funds that the bond fund market may be reaching saturation. Opinion of Franklin Advisers Inc. vice president and senior portfolio manager Don Duerson and American Express Financial Advisors insured fund manager Paul Hylle; Pressure on fund...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p32
No abstract available.
- Trader talk. Easton, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p28A
Focuses on the bond market trading performance in Indianapolis, Indiana as of May 30, 1994. Effect of increased bids of commodity prices on inflation; Increase in stock prices for the week May 30 to June 5, 1994 compared with stock prices performances for the previous week; Company losers and...
- Some bond managers report gains. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p10
Reports on assets gains and losses of fixed-income mutual funds for the year through May 31, 1996. Gain of bond funds run by Vanguard, Merrill Lynch and PIMPCO Advisors; Losses by Franklin/Templeton, Fidelity, Putnam Funds, Mellon/Dreyfus, American Express, Kemper Funds and Dean Witter.
- Westchester County Selling $173M in Pilot Program. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Westchester County, New York to market 173.1 million dollars of general obligation bonds on February 2010 as part of the its new-money deal since Robert Astorino was elected as county's executive.
- The 12b-1 hurdle. Kahn, Virginia Munger // FW;11/22/94, Vol. 163 Issue 24, p82
Focuses on bond funds in the United States. Fund expenses; Standard deviations; Bond fund regulations imposed by the Securities & Exchange Commission; Marketing fees.
- Income unfixed. Williams, Gordon // Financial World;6/17/96, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p74
Discusses the volatility of bond funds in the United States. List of less volatile, tax-exempt and balanced funds; Reasons for the volatility; Obsession of Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan with inflation; Interest arbitrage; Introduction by mutual funds of volatile products; Proliferation of funds...