Columbus voters will decide on largest-ever bond request
- Anchorage Bonding Measures Pass; Hotel Tax Hike Defeated. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the approval of general obligation bonds and the rejection of a hotel tax measure to finance a convention center on Anchorage, Alaska. Reimbursement for the school district's capital costs; Voters' support of bond measure for capital improvements; Percentage of absentee ballots.
- Munis Little Changed, Treasuries Weaken Ahead of Shortened Week. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Improvement of the capital investment; Expansion of the economy; Improvement of the manufacturing activity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 22.
- Ohio Bringing $300M GOs Amid Push for Income-Tax Cut. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34073, p1
The article informs that the government of Ohio has decided to come to market with 300 million dollars of new-money general obligation bonds for capital improvements to its higher-education facilities in March 2014.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; Week Awaits New Deals and Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p2
Discusses developments in the United States municipal bonds market as of April 16, 2001. Increase in basis points at the close of trading; Quotations for the Cleveland, Ohio airport system and Florida capital projects in dollar bond trading; Comparison of sector yields for California and the...
- Katy, Tex., capital improvements are in the hands of voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30802, p32
Focuses on the January 22, 2000 referendum in Katy, Texas on whether residents will allow the city to issue $18 million in bonds to fund capital improvement projects. Sales tax windfall following the opening of the Katy Mills Mall; Proposed projects of the city.
- Safe, low-yield investments have their day. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p3
Reports the increase of low-yield investment in New York, New York. Preference of investors for money market funds and tax-free municipal bonds; Data on the amount of investments; Assessments of investment advisers on the trend; Impact of the increase on fund managers.
- N.Y.C. Municipal Water Authority Plans $550 Million Fixed-Rate Sale. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p44
Reports the plan of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority to refund fixed-rate bonds early in March 2005. One-day retail order period on March 1, 2005; Rating of the authority debt; Financing by authority of the city Department of Environmental Protection's capital improvement plan.
- ALABAMA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p31
Reports on the issuance of general obligation capital improvement school warrants by Auburn city in Alabama. Usage of the proceeds to finance school capital projects; Assignment of bond rating by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor; Reflection of continued diversification and growth of...
- Tax Increase Sought. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p35
Reports on the decision of the Madison City Council to hold a referendum to ask voters to raise the property tax rate to support a capital improvement plan funded with general obligation bonds in Madison, Alabama.