Servicers launch early attack on N.Y. bill to limit lien sales
- MBBA tax lien ABS ramping up. // Asset Securitization Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the plan of the State of New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency (MBBA) public benefit corporation to purchase tax lien receivables from various municipalities. Approval of New York Governor George Pataki on the tax lien; Plan of MBBA to be a per-annum issuer; Involvement of educating...
- N.Y. Gov. Signs Securitization Bill. Karpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p2
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki's signing of a bill that will enable localities to pool delinquent property tax liens through a bond bank. Senators who proposed the legislation; Municipalities' use of the capital markets to obtain financial assistance.
- Business leaders greet Pataki with numbers and enthusiasm. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley, New York. Message of careful cost-cutting and reduction in government size and business regulations; Focus on worker's compensation as an area that requires the greatest change; Comments on the State University of New...
- Hosting the governor requires preparations, security measures. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the preparations at the Mid-Hudson Valley Conference Center luncheon during the New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley. Security measures; Complications from members of the country club.
- Pataki hails signing of $17 million Sterling Forest funding by Clinton. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p43
Reports on Governor George Pataki's commendation for President Clinton for signing into law a legislation that will allow New York and New Jersey to move forward with their agreement to protect Sterling Forest. Implications of the acquisition of Sterling Forest; Agreement to protect and...
- Inaugural fund-raiser. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p6
Reports on New York Governor-elect George Pataki's post-election fund-raiser for the January 1, 1995 inauguration.
- Politicians live (and die) by their images. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
Opinion. Comments on the projected image of New York Governor George Pataki. Maintenance of the image of Pataki; Upsides and downsides of images.
- Dollface. Traub, James // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p28
Profiles New York Governor George Pataki. Comparison with Mario Cuomo; Ending of government expansion in New York State; Budget proposal for 1996; Reverence for Theodore Roosevelt; Pataki's temperament as his greatest political asset; Family background.
- Gov. Pataki appeals ruling on use of pension assets. Williams, Terry // Pensions & Investments;12/25/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p8
Gives information on New York's Governor George Pataki decision that labeled his $230 million of the New York State and Local Retirement Systems for the state budget. Comments from New York Supreme Court Judge Thomas Keegan; Filed suit by New York Comptroller H. Carl McCall.