Tucker snags Bankers from First Union
- Tucker Anthony hires two senior brokers. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p31
Reports on Tucker Anthony Inc.'s hiring of brokers Richard Siegel and Evan Fischer to fill positions at its office in New York.
- Tucker Anthony juggles Boston staff. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p35
Focuses on reorganization at Tucker Anthony Inc. Includes appointment of Art Wunder as head of Tucker's operations in Boston, Massachusetts; Resignation of George Buchholz, vice president in charge of municipal trading.
- Boston brokerage opens in Birmingham. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;09/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the opening of an office of Tucker Anthony Inc., in Birmingham, Alabama. Identification of the manager for the Birmingham office; Information on some of Tucker Anthony's clients.
- In memoriam. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/21/96, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p22
Reports on Tucker Anthony Inc.'s establishment of a scholarship in honor slain Tucker executive Walter Page.
- TAKING COMMAND AT FIRST UNION. // U.S. Banker;Aug2000, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p12
Assesses G. Kennedy Thompson's performance as president and chief executive officer of First Union Corp. Company's price-to-earnings ratio in mid-July 2000; Thompson's announcement in July 2000 that the bank would take an after-tax charge of 2.8 billion dollars; Plan by the company not be as...
- First Union CEO Rallies Top Execs on Tech Issues. KUTLER, JEFFREY // American Banker;4/21/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 75, p1
Reports on chairman of the First Union Corp. and the Banking Industry Technology Secretariat (BITS), Edward E. Crutchfield Jr.'s support for technology issues in the banking industry. Accomplishment of BITS under Crutchfield's leadership; Job description as BITS chairman; Overview on a...
- Start-Up Odds Worse for This Deal's Castoffs. Reosti, John; Thompson, Laura // American Banker;4/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 76, p5
Reports on the effects of the merger between Wachovia Corp. and First Union Corp. on the companies' bank executives in the United States. Number of jobs expected to be eliminated after the bank merger; Options for displaced bankers; Impact of the merger on the banking industry.
- Tucker to expand after acquisition. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p33
Reports on Tucker Anthony Inc.'s plans to expand its retail brokerage and investment services in Pennsylvania. Acquisition of Hopper Soliday & Co.; Plans to open several new offices across Pennsylvania; Michael Boland's appointment as executive vice president of Tucker.
- Tucker Anthony's Midwest growth. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p32
Reports on Tucker Anthony Inc.'s plan to expand its presence in the Midwest wit a fixed-income sales office in Cleveland, Ohio. Firm's decision to expand its sales services in Pennsylvania; Tucker Anthony's plan to open several new offices in Pennsylvania under the Hopper Soliday name.