GET WITH THE PROGRAM
- Hino Motors Manufacturing USA Begins Its at Toyota's Facility in California. // Fleet Equipment;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Hino Motors Manufacturing USA, Inc. (HMM) celebrated production of its first North American made truck. It was assembled in Long Beach by Toyota's longest operating U.S. manufacturing facility, TABC Inc. All Hino trucks sold in the U.S. had previously been imported from...
- Suppliers to the 2006 Honda Ridgeline. // Automotive News;8/15/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6161, p26N
The article focuses on a four-door truck designed by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. The four-door truck, Ridgeline which is built on a unibody frame, is available in three trim levels: the RT, RTS and RTL. The most prominent feature is the cargo bed: Rather than a standard steel-panel bed, the Ridgeline...
- Truck of the month: Need interior space? // Landscape & Irrigation;Apr2005, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Introduces the Dodge Ram Mega Cab pick-up truck. Product features; Technical specifications; Premium amenities.
- Truck step. // Tire Business;9/15/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p15
Pilot Automotive Inc. has unveiled its Cowboy Two Step, a hitch-mounted step designed to help people get up and down from a truck bed. The step works with the tailgate in the open or closed position, and it telescopes in and out for use, the company said.
- OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW. ROULO, CANDACE // Contractor Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p18
The article presents information on new models of trucks and vans for the year 2013. Automotive companies are reported to be offering contractors with plenty of cargo space as well as low gas mileage for the year. Some of them include Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo Van and the 2013 RAM 1500 pickup...
- Break down the barriers to new ideas. Tague, Paul E. // Design News;9/9/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 17, p47
Deals with the importance of being more open to new ideas and products that can help manufacturers solve engineering-design problems, according to Loren Ball, president of Permanent Technologies Inc. Effect of such attitude on suppliers; Information on a vibration-proof fastener invented by...
- Research. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Apr2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p54
The article discusses the new approach and method used in the general manufacturing environment. Automobile manufacturers must lessen the duration of product development cycles to get new products to market more quickly. The approach usually requires repeated reworking and testing of dies to...
- Cooking Up a Better Approach to Development & Quality. Piszczalski, Martin // Automotive Design & Production;Aug2002, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p16
Recommends the Advanced Product Quality Planning approach and the Production Part Approval Process approach to product development and quality process of the automobile industry. Aim of the approaches; Level of standards used by the industry; Importance of the approaches.
- Your idea is fabulous! It's also doomed. Snyder, Jesse // Automotive News;9/24/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6274, p14
The article presents the author's comments on the improvements which have been made in the field of product development in the automobile industry. According to the author, for an industry that employs so many smart, hard-working people, the car business is particularly deadly to big ideas. The...