- La Roe family loses A possessions in fire. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/12/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that Misty LaRoe and her three children have lost their possessions on April 10, 2007 when a fire ruined a duplex owned by the Clarendon Housing Authority in Texas.
- NEW JERSEY APARTMENT BLAZE FITS A PATTERN OF VULNERABILITY. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on the apartment complex fire in New Jersey. Description of the fire; Damages caused by the fire; Comparison with the Ybor City fire.
- The floor above, part 3. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p90
Part III. Discusses floor-above operations in fire extinction in apartment houses. Analyzing fire access and building design; Skylight access to burning apartment houses.
- Even 'successful' incidents can teach valuable lessons. McGehee, Roger // Fire Engineering;May99, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p117
Reports on an apartment building fire in Fairfax County, Virginia last April 23, 1998. Arrival and positioning of the firefighting team; Result of a post-incident critique; Lessons from the fire.
- Old and in the Way. HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Nov2013, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of responding to a working structure fire in a two-story multifamily dwelling.
- Still Smoldering. // People;12/31/99, Vol. 52 Issue 25, p164
Profiles tenants in the New York City apartment building, which was the scene of a fire caused by the children of Patricia Brentrup.
- MULTIPLE-DWELLING FIRES. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the management of multiple-dwelling fires in New Jersey. Details on the frame structure of buildings; Significance of building codes and life safety laws in fire management; Role of fire departments in the fire site.
- Survivors: They Escaped a Raging Fire. Goad, Kimberly // Cosmopolitan;Aug2008, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p156
This article presents a personal narrative from Kris Pietrowicz and Susan Thorne about how they escaped from a fire in their apartment in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. INSET: TIPS TO GET OUT ALIVE.
- Lakeview fire destroys home of Grab publisher. // Windy City Times;8/31/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p9
The article reports on a fire that took place on August 27, 2011 in Lakeview, Illinois, which destroyed an apartment building and the office of "Grab" magazine.