DHS Sets Application Periods for Grants
- Some 5,200 departments awarded 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p48
Reports that thousands of fire departments received cash assistance from the 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants program of the U.S. Fire Administration. Contact information.
- NOT-SO-EASY MONEY. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p56
Examines the degree of federal funding to local fire departments in the U.S. Amount awarded by the federal government to departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Program; Evaluation of the U.S. Fire Administration on how the fire grants affect fire department operations; List of federal...
- Staffing Grant Apps Open. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration will accept online applications from May 31 to June 28, 2005 for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants under the Assistance to Firefighters Program. SAFER will provide five-year grants with a maximum federal...
- Assistance to Firefighters Grants update. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p50
Reports on updates on the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) awards, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. Anticipated number of recipients; Amount appropriated to the AFG program; Allocation of funds to the Office of Domestic Preparedness of the Department of Homeland Security.
- THE FEDERAL GRANT PROCESS. Burris, Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p174
Focuses on the federal grant process in the United States. Role of the United States Fire Administration; Compliance with guidelines; Tips for technical evaluation.
- Mass. Releasing Grants to Volunteer Fire Departments. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p2
The article on the federal Volunteer Fire Assistance Grants to be released by officials in Massachusetts to fund operations of volunteer and rural fire departments service smaller communities.
- Panels complete fire grant application peer reviews. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p38
Reports the review process on fire grant applications of fire departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program in the United States. Evaluation of the applications by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire Administration; Amount appropriated for the grant program;...
- Fire departments awarded FETN/ICHIEFS grants. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p42
Reports the awarding of the National Association of Fire Chiefs/Fire and Emergency Television Network Professional Development Grant to fire departments in the United States. Provisions of the grant; Recipients of the grant; Impact of the grant to firefighters.
- Grant program for Pennsylvania volunteer fire companies proposed. // Fire Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p52
Reports the state grant program for volunteer fire departments proposed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Remark of Congressional Fire Services Institute Executive Director Bill Webb on the program; Coverage of the program; Role of the Office of the State Fire Commissioner as the awarding...