INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- Comcast Time Warner Snag Adelphia. J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in April 2005. Value of the acquisition; Benefits of the acquisition for Time Warner and Comcast; Division of Adelphia's communication systems between Time Warner and Comcast.
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS REPORT. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/24/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
This article offers update on several merger deals involving Crown Media Holdings, Inc. as of April 2006. Companies that have expressed interest in purchasing Crown Media Holdings include Time Warner Inc., Comcast Corp. and News Corp. The price of shares offered by several bidders are disclosed....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p48
Presents data on investment banks' activities in the telecommunication sector as of June 27, 2005. Global underwriting volume; Top issuers; Announced U.S. and global target merger and acquisition advisers.
- World's biggest merger: One giant leap. Donegan, Michelle // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the impact of the merger of America Online and Time Warner on the world's telecommunications industries. Confirmation that convergence is a corporate trend; Stock valuation of the two firms; Benefits of the merger; Market concerns about the merger.
- You've got approval. // Telephony;01/15/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 3, p13
Deals with the approval of the merger between America Online and Time Warner by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in January 2001. Conditions under the agreement; Supporters of the merger; Possible problems associated with the deal; Plans of the FCC to prevent the merged...
- Open access movement slowed by AOL/TW merger. Kopel // Business Journal (Central New York);01/14/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the biggest beneficiaries of United States-based America Online's merger with Time Warner Inc. Possible end of a campaign by America Online to slow down AT&T and other cable-television companies that want to offer high-speed Internet access through cable-television lines; Deployment...
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- At the Portals. // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article focuses on the information sought by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from Comcast and Time Warner regarding the proposed Adelphia acquisition. Details of the requests made by the FCC are provided.
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.