INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TECHNOLOGY
- IN BRIEF. // Computer Weekly;6/6/2006, p4
The article offers news briefs related to information technology. Symantec Corp. has patched a publicly reported security flaw in its enterprise anti-virus software. Euronext and the New York Stock Exchange have agreed a merger to create the world's first global exchange, with expected...
- Qimonda IPO was about strategy not raising cash. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;8/16/2006, Issue 2254, p14
The article presents information related to the disappointing launch of IPO of Qimonda AG on the New York Stock Exchange in the first week of August 2006. The firm has blamed the market environment for it. According to the firm, the IPO for the memory chip division was launched to start a...
- Attack on the Snarl. // Time;5/24/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 21, p98
The article reviews the Central Certificate Service (CCS) software from the New York Stock Exchange.
- Global tech IPOs leap in 2014 as Europe stumbles. Berry, Michael // Fundweb;5/6/2014, p4
The article reports on the increase of the global technological initial public offerings (IPOs) in 2014. Noted is the $6.8 billion value or technology floats due to Chinese exchanges in the first quarter of the year. It accounts most of the U.S. technology flotations to the New York Stock...
- Securities Conflict-of-Interest Proposal. Heller, Michele // American Banker;2/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 26, p20
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers' Regulation Inc. subsidiary and the New York Stock Exchange are scheduled on February 7, 2002 to propose rules that would put legal and compliance barriers between investment banks and their analysts; Prohibition of securities...
- NYSE'S TCP\IP MANDATE TO DRIVE FIX-TO-CMS LINKS. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;12/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p10
No abstract available.
- The Big Board's Point Man. // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p68
Interviews Louis Pastina, vice president at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), about the features added to the Broker Booth Support System (BBSS), the trading software of the NYSE. Functions of the BBSS; List of the features added to the BBSS; How the additional features of the BBSS work.
- Hold Software to Higher Standards. Langnau, Leslie // Material Handling Management;Jul2001, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p26
Addresses the need to have higher standards for computer software to avoid problems and losses. Cause of the crash of the New York Stock Exchange's software system on June 8, 2001; Amount of Nike's revenue loss because of software problems in its electronic order entry system; Cost of...
- SAP under full sail. McCright, John S.; Gray, Lloyd // PC Week;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on SAP AG in 1998 after it listed on the New York Stock Exchange. What the company hopes to gain with the listing; Steps the company has taken to fix sales and support problems; Number of new employees hired in the first half of this year; Efforts to improve consulting practices; The...