INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- Warner Music Sells $1.065B in HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/18/2011, p15
The article highlights the 1.065 billion U.S. dollars three-part junk bond deal successfully sold by Warner Music Group in July 2011, which will be used in its 3.3 billion U.S. dollars buyout by Access Industries. 765 million U.S. dollars worth of 11.5% senior notes due 2018 and 150 million U.S....
- Warner cues biz analyst as senior VP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/18/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 11, p6
Announces the appointment of Jill Krutick as senior VP for investor relations and corporate development for Warner Music Group Inc. in the U.S. Preparation of the company to go public; Background of Krutick in equity research business; Familiarity of Krutick in large media and leisure companies...
- HOW WARNER MUSIC SOLD FOR $3.3B. BOND, PAUL // Hollywood Reporter;5/20/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 18, p12
The article offers information on the sale of Warner Music Group Inc. to its investors.
- Warner Music Group. Christman, Ed // Billboard;3/12/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p16
Reports that investors Edgar Bronfman Jr. and Thomas H. Lee proposed a leveraged buyout of Warner Music Group Inc. (WMG) in March 2005. Firms that are included in the investment group; Deals reached by WMG.
- Is Warner Music Group IPO On The Horizon? Christman, Ed // Billboard;1/15/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p37
Deals with the possible public stock offering by Warner Music Group in January 2005. Value of debentures issued by the company; Expected earnings of the company in 2005; Issue pointed out by market analysts in the U.S.
- Nexus India Capital Raises $220Mn Fund. // EmergingMarketsNOW;8/20/2008, p2
The article reports on the fund raised by Nexus India Capital, an India-based early stage venture capital (VC) fund in 2008. Nexus India Capital raised a $220 million fund with the investors in the fund included 16 institutional investors, foundations and sovereign wealth funds. The fund will...
- Should media members be allowed to ask questions during earnings calls? // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p21
In this article the authors discuss whether media should be allowed during earning calls of companies. One of them states that it is important as it helps companies to connect to media members and tell about the firm's financial position in the industry and even investors look for information...
- TW changes its tune with Edgar Jr. Goldsmith, Jill; Gallo, Phil; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/21/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the amount offered by the investor group of music executive Edgar Bronfman Jr. for Warner Music Group Inc. in the U.S. Battle of the executive for the music company; Details of the deal; Challenges faced by the industry with declining sales and increased piracy.
- Verging On Merger. Garrity, Brian; Butler, Susan // Billboard;3/3/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 9, p10
This article discusses a possible merger between record companies Warner Music Group and EMI. The companies acknowledged in February of 2007 that they are exploring a possible merger, and the article discusses the possible benefits of such a merger. The article cites the struggling music...