Yucaipa's Pathmark PIPE Dream
- Yucaipa investment timely for Pathmark, Wild Oats. Duff, Mike // Drug Store News;4/11/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the investments made by Yucaipa, an investment company founded by Ron Burkle, in food retail companies experiencing financial problems. Speculations over a takeover pf Pathmark and Wild Oats; Increase in the share price of supermarket chain, Pathmark, after news broke out that Yucaipa...
- Pathmark gets jumpstart. McTaggart, Jenny; Tarnowski, Joseph; Goldschmidt, Bridget // Progressive Grocer;4/15/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the investment of Ron Burkle, the founder of private equity firm Yucaipa Cos., LLC, in Carteret, New Jersey-based Pathmark Stores, Inc. in 2005. Uses of the cash infusion by Pathmark; Objective of the management agreement signed by Yucaipa and Pathmark; Factors that makes Pathmark a...
- Yucaipa investment timely for Pathmark AND Wild Oats. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p4
Reports that Ron Burkle and Yucaipa, the investment company he founded, have made significant investments in troubled food retail companies Pathmark and Wild Oats in the U.S. in 2005. Details of the deal; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on retail trade.
- Burkle Back in Business With Pathmark, Wild Oats. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;3/28/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p1
Presents an interview with Ron Burkle, managing general partner of Yucaipa Inc., regarding the plan of the company to acquire stakes in Pathmark. Background on the acquisition activity of the company; Information on the investment of the company in Wild Oats; Advantages of Pathmark transactions...
- Investor's confidence provides boost. Tosh, Mark // Drug Store News;5/2/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p116
The article presents information on the financial performance of the supermarket chain Pathmark Stores Inc. Despite reporting a loss for fiscal 2004 investors are showing confidence following a move by billionaire investor Ron Burkle to take a minority equity stake in the supermarket chain....
- A&P Closing Downtown NYC Pathmark. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Expert Blog;9/28/2012, p1
The article focuses on A&P closing its Pathmark retail store in Manhattan, New York for allowing the construction of a large-scale residential project in the site while preserving its right to reopen a Patchmark store after completion of the building.
- Filing Traces A&P-Pathmark Deal. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;6/11/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p6
The article offers information on the acquisition deal between A&P and Pathmark Stores. A&P agreed to pay $1.2 billion to acquire Pathmark Stores following offers from Pathmark and a turned down "merger of equals" proposal. The article discusses the previous acquisition proposals, the...
- RETAIL NEWS. // Drug Store News;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p4
Presents an update on retail stores in the United States as of October 22, 2001. Customer relationship program launched by Pathmark; Increase in Internet holiday shopping in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Growth in the earnings of Kroger in the second quarter.
- UPDATES. // Chain Store Age;Jul2000, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p16
Presents updates on retail trade in the United States as of July 2000. Rejection of federal regulators on the plan of The Kroger Co. to purchase several Winn-Dixie stores in Texas; Preparation made by Pathmark Stores Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Closure of several stores by Hannaford...