Packet Bonding Gains Key Endorsement
- Arris, Motorola modems first to get PacketCable 3.0 seal. // CED;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on Arris and Motorola, the companies which are said to be the first to acquire PacketCable 3.0 seal. According to the CableLabs, the embedded multimedia terminal adapters (E-MTAs) from Arris and Motorola possessed the features which enabled them to acquire the PacketCable 3.0...
- CABLELABS ISSUES OPENCABLE SPECIFICATION. // Modem Users News;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the release of the Advanced Host and High Definition STB Host specifications by Cable Television Laboratories Inc. Features of the specifications; Applications; Information on the company.
- CableLabs freezes PacketCable specs. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the decision of CableLabs Inc. to froze specifications tied to PacketCable. Alignment of qualification testing of PacketCable-based products; Offer of PacketCable testing waves; Cost of the product testing.
- Packet over Cable: Fattening the Pipe. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p44
Presents three CableLabs Inc. initiatives that will allow multiple service operators (MSO) to offer advanced voice and data services with quality over service (QoS) guarantees. DOCSIS 1.1's dynamic QoS, silence suppression and provision for unsolicited grant flows; Advanced PHY to increase MSO...
- PacketCable protocol specs to speed IP-phone rollouts. Dawson // Multichannel News;09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p61
Focuses on Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s PacketCable group's development of industry review specifications for delivery of packet-telecommunications services over cable networks. Protocols tied to a network-centric architectural approach to call signaling; Distributed Open Signaling...
- Motorola, CableLabs seek PCS link. Krause, Reinhardt // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p15
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s collaboration with Cable Television Laboratories to integrate cellular and PCS mobile radio systems within the cable's broadcasting network. Plan to launch global PCS services through the Iridium project; Investigation of the possibility of merging PCS and cable; Radio...
- What's next for OCAP? // CED;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
This article presents information related to recent developments associated with the OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP). CableLabs Inc. is striving to develop a new version of OCAP that will have various enhancements. According to Don Dulchinos, SVP of Advanced Platforms & Services at...
- OpenCable specs released. // CED;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on Cable Television Laboratories' introduction of five OpenCable interim specifications. Goal of soliciting comments from industry vendors; Efforts to meet federally-mandated rules that require retail availability of set-tops and security devices by July 2000.
- CableLabs Revamps CMTS Testing Process. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;3/31/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p26
The article reviews the E6000, a leading network component of the ARRIS end-to end product developed to encourage cable modem termination system (CMTS) and tested by not-for-profit research and development consortium CableLabs.