Is Retrans Cash Viable?
- Outlook: Net Gains, Sub Losses. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p92
Reports on the expected earnings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Rise in revenue and operating income before depreciation and amortization of Viacom Inc.; Basic subscriber gain in the period for Time Warner Inc.; Strong revenue and cash-flow growth for...
- Double vision. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;5/6/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 18, pSR36
Discusses the concept of cable television spin-offs in the U.S. Television networks involved in spin-offs; Factors which contributed to the proliferation of spin-offs; Disadvantages of spin-offs.
- Double vision. Berman, Marc // Adweek Southeast Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, pSR36
Reports on the growing trend of spinning off networks from existing cable television network brands in the U.S.. Examples of cable networks which created other networks; Total number of broadcast and cable channels; Reasons behind the growing trend; Potential pitfalls of the trend.
- Cable's no better. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p16
Predicts United States cable television networks' pool of upfront money to decrease in 2001. Factors attributing to the predicted trend; Percentage decline in the profitability of local industry players during the given time period.
- Still Strutting After All These Years. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p20
Provides information on the top cable television networks in the U.S. based on the posted revenues in 2004. NBC; QVC; HBO.
- MSOs Report Record-Breaking Quarter for High-Speed Additions. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the earnings posted by multi-system cable operators in the U.S. in May 2003. Factors behind the increased earnings; Strategies implemented by cable operators to improve their earnings; Influence of high-speed additions on cable earnings.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p37
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of February 2005. Agreement entered into by Viacom Inc. with LIN TV Corp. to sell its UPN-affiliated television stations; Value of the private-placement offering of convertible preferred stock completed by Multiband Corp.;...
- Cable Providers Seek Growth Outside TV. King, Danny // Television Week;3/3/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on the efforts of cable companies to seek growth outside the television sector in the U.S. Of the four largest publicly traded cable companies reporting in March 2008, all reported higher revenues and three reported improved earnings from a year earlier. It states that while...
- This Just In. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;05/22/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p5
Reports on developments concerning the United States cable television industry as of May 22, 2000. Departure of Ed Dunbar as vice president of advertising sales at MediaOne Group Inc.; Multiyear cable channel retransmission and carriage deal between Viacom Inc. and DirecTV Inc.