Cable's Classified Act
- Building a Better Mouse Trap. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;2/6/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
The article provides information on the video-on-demand (VOD) tracking services being offered by video management company Rentrak in the U.S. It also presents details on the company's advertisement-tracking system developed in consultation with cable operators, networks and agencies. Other media...
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Cable's Gold Rush. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p14A
Reports on opportunities for advertising sales and revenue growth for United States cable operators and interconnects. Double-digit growth enjoyed by operators in the 1990s; Estimated ad revenue in 2000; Stumbling blocks cited for cable operators; Strong economy fueling greater advertising...
- Learning to live with its success. Burgi, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;9/9/96, Vol. 46 Issue 37, Media outlook '97 p12
Focuses on the trends in cable television in the United States and its implications for advertising. Increased competition from direct broadcast satellite services and the entry of regional Bell telephone companies; Rise of a generation of distribution outlets; Revival of the practice of taking...
- Cable's promise unfulfilled. // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p29
Comments on the unfulfilled promises of cable television in the U.S. Increase in the number of commercials; Role of the Federal Communications Commission in the regulation of cable TV shows; Schedule of shows.
- Basic cable rings out 1996 with record viewing levels. // Adweek Western Edition;1/20/97, Vol. 47 Issue 3, Re: TV p1
Reports that 1996 had been a banner year for ad-supported cable television in the United States. Record levels of primetime viewership posted; Average number of households that tuned-in to basic cable; Cable's average primetime household share; Collective audience declines seen by the three...
- Nick offers advertisers package deal. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p12
Reports on Nickelodeon's negotiations with television advertisers for its children and adult upfront market in the United States. Sale of spots on its co-owned TV Land; Features of sales packages; Value of advertising accounts.
- Cable upfront lacks past luster. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;8/1/94, Vol. 4 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the performance of cable television in upfront advertising market. Status of upfront negotiations; Estimate of dollar volume; Comments from cable network executives; Situation in several networks.
- Cable's Awesome Upfront. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p61
Comments on the cable television industry's National Show held in May 2000 in New Orleans, Louisiana. National advertisers' rate agreements for around 80% of the broadcast and cable advertising inventory for year 2001; Cable's advancing of its broadcast upfront-buying season.