Coloring Children's TV
- Hampton Chudney. Heyman, Marshall // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/12/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 31, p16
Features Chudney Ross, the youngest daughter of singer Diana Ross. Career and academic background; Efforts of Chudney to start a production company that would develop children's programming; Experience of Chudney in being in the television program "Sesame Street."
- Kids May Be Toddling Away From Television. Katz, Richard // Variety;12/21/98, Vol. 373 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the decline of children's television viewership for the year 1998 in the United States. Comment from Shelly Hirsch, chief executive of Summit Media, which creates children's shows; Theory on the decline; View of Robert Sieber, vice president of audience development for Turner.
- It's Independents' Day. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;4/18/94, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p32
Focuses on independent producers of television programs for children. Optimisms; Challenges; Merchandising and licensing; Advertising and gross merchandising revenue; Financing support; Jim Henson Productions; Calico Entertainment; Klasky-Csupo Productions; Hearst Entertainment; Marvel...
- It's better to play tapes than to play favorites. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/8/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 21, p13
This article presents views of the author on the basis of vote for the Emmy Awards. One producer said that he bases his Emmy voting more on past performance and overall buzz than he does on actual submitted material. Furthermore, the producer implies that this is fairly standard practice in the...
- Catching the next wave. Hall, Wendy Jackson // Variety;1/14/2002 Supplement, Vol. 385 Issue 8, p25
Interviews several television executives and producers in the U.S. about children's programming in the U.S. television. Selection of television program time slots; Assessment of the behavior of children; Information on children as television audience; Different animated program shown in the U.S.
- Emmy Noms' Afterglow Is Golden Only for a Few. Holloway, Daniel // Broadcasting & Cable;8/4/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 28, p16
The article focuses on issues related to the selection of nominees for the Primetime Emmy Awards, which honors the best in primetime television programming in the U.S. Topics discussed include comments by HBO programming president Michael Lombardo regarding the opinion of television viewers on...
- Wake-up Saturday. // Televisual;Oct2001, p106
Interviews television producer Annette Williams on television programs. Preference for watching children's television programs; Favorite television programs; Criticisms against children's television.
- 'GENERAL' TAKES 8TH WIN FOR DRAMA. Carter, Alan; Hill, Lee Alan // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the first Emmy award for best drama category given to the television program "General Hospital," at the Daytime Emmys on May 20, 2005. Views of television program producer Jill Farren Phelps on the production of the show; Producers of the television program; Awards received by the...
- About Face: A Story of Gender and Race in the Kids' TV Space. Akerman, Anna; Strauss, Andrea; Bryant, J. Alison // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
A content analysis of television characters in programming on channels most watched by U.S. children aged 2-11 was conducted across five time points (1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007). The relative frequency of demographic characteristics (gender and race) over time was assessed. Results suggest...