- FINANCIALISATION EMBROILS DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. Lapavitsas, Costas // Papeles de Europa;2009, Issue 19, p108
Financialisation of developed countries includes increased lending to individuals as well as adoption of investment banking by commercial banks, thus contributing directly to the crisis of 2007-9. Financialisation has acquired an international aspect since the 1990s, primarily through...
- Rethinking Work? Stay in Touch Don't burn bridges or forgo contacts when leaving the Street. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents advice from career experts for investment bankers who plan to leave their jobs at Wall Street, New York. Optimal time period recommended by experts for a job search; Examples of sabbatical leaves allowed by firms for partners who have been with the form for a certain number of years;...
- Nevada Airport Deal Gets Backing From 'New' German Landesbanks. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p4
Reports on the standby bond purchase agreements of the bond issued by Clark County, Nevada with two German banks. Significance of the deal in fostering a strong relationship between the entities; Decision of Bayerische Landesbank and Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg to split the bonds between...
- Indianapolis Bond Bank Poised to Launch Refunding of Water System Purchase Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p6
Reports on the move of Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank to sell bonds into the bond market. Use of the bond proceeds to refund its debt; Amount of bonds to be sold; Expectation for the bond bank to price the said bonds.
- Due to New Property Tax Cap, Indianapolis Bank Plans Short-Term Sale in Fall. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bank to bring a short-term financing deal to market in the fall of 2006. It is an attempt to avert the impact of long-term bonds trading at a less desirable rate. There is a new state law capping property taxes in the...
- Banks' Bond Portfolios. // Argentina Commercial Banking Report;Q3 2008, p27
The article provides information about the bond portfolios of the commercial banking sector in Latin America. The various holdings of bonds of several banks are driven by the liquidity and size of the local bond markets, the extent on bond holding and the level of the integration of the system...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p26
Presents data on the invisible supply of bonds in the Midwestern United States, as of February 9, 2005. Issuer and purpose of each bond; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p8
Presents charts depicting competitive and negotiated bond and note offerings in the U.S. as of September 2005.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p14
Presents the results of the negotiated sales of bonds in the U.S. as of September 2005.