'Definitive' Adelphia Sale Bolsters 2 Top Cable Ops
- ADELPHIA IN PIECES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the auction of bankrupt cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp., in Los Angeles, California. Timetable for the completion of the sale; Decision of the company to entertain offers for individual systems; Plan of the management to maximize return to creditors.
- Adelphia for Sale in Parts or as a Whole. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the sale of Adelphia Communications, a cable provider based in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Number of the cable subscribers of the company; Value of the company; Background on cable companies that are interested in buying Adelphia.
- CARVING UP CABLER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that the auction for Adelphia Communications Corp. begins in earnest this week, promising to remake the map of cable television in the U.S. Starting today, Adelphia's advisers, UBS and Allen & Co., will distribute a memorandum outlining the systems available for bid. Adelphia...
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p3
The article presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. Ron Cooper of Adelphia is entitled to receive a cash payment of up to $6.8 million for his work on guiding the company's sale to Comcast and Time Warner. Videophone maker WorldGate has completed a deal for up to $11...
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p1
Presents updates on deals in the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2, 2006. Information on the deal between Comcast and Susquehanna's cable and broadband division; Completion of the acquisition deal between Avista Capital Partners and WideOpenWest; Value of the definitive agreement between...
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.