SEXUALITY OF CANADIAN WOMEN AT MIDLIFE
- Facts of Life. Stieg, Bill; Jones, Lisa // Men's Health;Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p50
Presents facts related to life styles and behavior of the people in the United States, such as the number of females who use lingerie to improve their sex lives.
- Sex and the older woman. Vienne, Veronique // Town & Country;Sep94, Vol. 148 Issue 5172, p147
Discusses the sex life of middle age women. Ability to captivate the imagination of men of all ages; Intuitive responses; Tips for aging partners; Pace of the sexual act; Experiences of some well-known middle age women.
- Sexual function in a community sample of middle-aged women with partners: Effects of age, marital... Hawton, Keith; Gath, Dennis // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Aug1994, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p375
Studies the sexual function and dysfunction among a community sample of middle-aged women with partners. Frequency of sexual activity and orgasm with partners; Extent of women's satisfaction with their sexual relationship; Influencing factors; Prevalence of objectively defined and self-reported...
- Mature women don't have to have a headache tonight. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;12/9/96, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p43
Reveals that menopause does not stop women and their partners from engaging in sexual intimacy. Findings based on survey conducted by Wyeth Ayerst; Negative experiences of menopausal and postmenopausal women regarding sex; Treatment for menopausal symptoms.
- Lifetime Depression History and Sexual Function in Women at Midlife. Cyranowski, Jill M.; Bromberger, Joyce; Youk, Ada; Matthews, Karen; Kravitz, Howard M.; Powell, Lynda H. // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Dec2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p539
We examined the association between lifetime depression history and sexual function in a community-based sample of midlife women. Specifically, 914 women aged 42-52 who were participants in the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation completed a self-report assessment of their sexual...
- Good sex for life! Tranell, Kimberly // Glamour;Feb2007, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p102
The article presents advice on learning how to have good sex for life. Having lots of sex in your 20s and 30s will train your body to expect sex. You will crave it to deal with stress, rather than being turned off by difficult times. These steps can help maintain sex drive even as hormone levels...
- Something Wilder. Burleigh, Nina // O, The Oprah Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p310
The article considers the concept of sex life at the age of 40s and 50s. According to psychoanalyst Gail Saltz, if women become less sexually active as they age, it's more likely because they've lost their desire, not their desirability. She cites a conspiracy of forces that diminish libido such...
- Ad Space. Lloyd, Jared // Pipe Dream;3/19/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p14
A cartoon about a middle aged woman wanting more intimacy in her love life is presented.
- She Hunts by Night. McEnroe, Colin // Best Life;Apr2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p82
The article discusses the sexual behavior of 40-something women. The last two years have seen a rockslide of books both documenting and encouraging the sexual reblossoming of women age 40 and up. The author says he can think of four women over 40 who left their husbands at least partly because...