THE IMPACT OF COMPUTER VARIABLES ON THE VIEWING AND SENDING OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET: TESTING COOPER'S "TRIPLE-A ENGINE"
- The Cybersex Offender and Children. Bowker, Arthur; Gray, Michael // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar2005, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p12
Offers a look at issues surrounding cybersex offenses in the U.S. Findings of a study of young Internet users that are potential victims of cybersex; Impact of cybersex offense on the victims; Background and characteristics of a cybersex offender; Types of offenders. INSET: Common Defenses.
- Research Finds (Among Other Things) Shopping Tops Sex as
Internet Search Topic. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/13/2002, p4
Researcher Dietmar Wolfram and colleagues from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, conducted a study to know how people search the Internet in real life situations, using real query data. The apparent drop in interest in sex-related searching is probably related to the growth of commercial...
- Sex on the Internet: College Students' Emotional Arousal When Viewing Sexually Explicit Materials On-Line. Goodson, Patricia; McCormick, Deborah; Evans, Alexandra // Journal of Sex Education & Therapy;2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p252
Little is known concerning the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of Internet users who go online to search for sexually explicit materials. This study examines a range of emotions elicited by viewing sexually explicit materials on-line in a sample of undergraduate students from a public...
- Using the Internet to Find Offline Sex Partners. Daneback, Kristian; Månsson, Sven-Axel; Ross, Michaelw. // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p100
We aimed to expand upon the demographic characteristics and gender differences among those who have met someone on the Internet who they later met offline and had sex with as well as any relationship with cybersex, sexually transmitted infections, and online sexual problems. We analyzed data...
- 42 Percent of Kids on Web View Porn. // ILA Reporter;Apr2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that more children are being exposed to online pornography in Illinois. According to the February 5, 2007 issue of the "Chicago Sun-Times" newspaper, it occurred mostly by accidentally viewing sexually explicit Web sites while surfing the Internet. Forty-two percent of...
- SEXUALITY AND CYBERPORN: TOWARDS A NEW AGENDA FOR RESEARCH. Lillie, Jonathan James McCreadie // Sexuality & Culture;Spring2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p25
This article presents theoretical considerations based on cultural analysis approaches to studying pornography and sexuality as a means of starting to suggest a new agenda for cyberporn research. By bringing to the forefront concepts of how subjectively and sexuality are produced within the...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. Scott, Darren // Gay Times (09506101);Nov2013, Issue 425, p5
The author criticizes the campaign aimed at stopping people from being able to access adult entertainment online, as he admits that pornography has been part of his life from a young age and that it has not done him any harm.
- The ups and downs of sex in cyberspace. Say, Janet // New Zealand Doctor;3/8/2006, p23
Focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of sex in cyberspace. Use of cybersex in relieving stress; Risks associated with cybersex addiction; Disadvantages of Internet dating and cybersex to gay males.
- FUTURE SEX. // Gay Times (09506101);Mar2007, Issue 342, p77
The article focuses on technological innovations that could promote online gay sex. The technological explosion offers an unlimited web-sex experience. Online sex are driven by virtual reality, games such as Second Life and virtual objects such as universal serial bus-enabled vibrators, Cyber...