CORRELATES OF EXPOSURE TO SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL AMONG CANADIAN POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS
- VD Invades the Classroom. Cowan, John A. // Education Digest;Sep1949, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p32
This article discusses ways to prevent the spread of venereal diseases (VD) among high school students in the U.S. Previous control programs have failed because of the following factors: unavailability of highly specialized and trained personnel; time constraints in showing results; resistance...
- Factors Associated with AIDS Risk Behaviors among High School Students in an AIDS Epicenter. Walter, Health J.; Vaughan, Roger D.; Gladis, Madeline M.; Ragin, Deborah Fish; Kasen, Stephanie; Cohall, Alwyn T. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr92, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p528
Background. A greater understanding of the determinants of risky behaviors is an essential precursor to the development of successful AIDS prevention programs for adolescents. Methods. A survey measuring AIDS-related behaviors, beliefs, and knowledge was administered to a sample of 531...
- Sex Education. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;9/8/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p19
African-American girls with positive perceptions of themselves are able to refuse unwanted and unprotected sex more often than their peers with negative self-images, a recent Emory University study found. The results of the study of 335 sexually active African-American adolescent girls suggest...
- STDs and Teens. // Daughters;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the susceptibility of high schoolers to sexually transmitted disease in the U.S.
- Evaluation of a knowledge-and cognitive-behavioral skills-building intervention to prevent STDs... Boyer, Cherrie B.; Shafer, Mary-Ann // Adolescence;Spring97, Vol. 32 Issue 125, p25
Evaluates the efficacy of a school-based knowledge-and cognitive- behavioral skills-building sexually transmitted diseases (STD)/HIV prevention intervention. Use of high school students in intervention study participation; Quasi-experimental design in intervention evaluation.
- Trends in Sexual Risk Behaviors Among High School Students--United States, 1991-1997. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;9/18/1998, Vol. 47 Issue 36, p749
Focuses on a survey conducted to assess the trends of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among high school students in the United States. Use of data from the Youth Risk Behavior Survey for 1991, 1993, 1995 and 1997; Indication that human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is among the highest...
- Whither "chronic prostatitis"? Luzzi, G. A. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Apr2005, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p96
Presents an introduction to the series of articles about sexually transmitted diseases published in the April 1, 2005 issue of the journal "Sexually Transmitted Infections."
- HOW TO STAY STD-FREE. Graves, Ginny // Cosmopolitan;Dec2001, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p160
Offers information and guide to preventing sexually transmitted diseases.
- Impact of simulated patients on teaching the Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) to medical student in Ira. Sheikholeslami, Nazanin Zia; Heidari, Akram; Bahsoun, Mariam // Electronic Physician;2012, Vol. 4, p525
A letter to the editor is presented that discusses sexually transmitted diseases.