SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION IN THE SCHOOLS: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Does vending make our children obese? Staff, Rachelle // Vending International;Feb2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the effect vending machines in schools have on children's diet. Vending provides not only a useful profit stream for schools, it also helps to keep children on school grounds and not crossing busy roads to visit local shops. In 1996 Andrew Saunders of Independent Catering...
- Teaching tomorrow's CEOs how to retain quality. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;12/23/96, Vol. 73 Issue 24, p14
Features the Health Management Program offered by the Yale University School of Public Health in New Haven, Connecticut. Public health and management training offered by the school; Core courses required.
- Incorporating appropriate technology into North American schools of public health. Hotez, Peter; Gupta, Rajesh; Mahoney, Richard; Poste, George // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p118
Focuses on the founding of schools of public health in North America. Factors that helped stimulate the foundation of the schools; Mission of the schools of public health; Areas covered by the schools.
- Assuring Public Health Professionals Are Prepared for the Future: The UAB Public Health Integrated Core Curriculum. Petersen, Donna J.; Hovinga, Mary E.; Pass, Mary Ann; Kohler, Connie; Oestenstad, R. Kent; Katholi, Charles // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 120 Issue 5, p496
In response to calls to improve public health education and our own desire to provide a more relevant educational experience to our Master of Public Health students, the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) School of Public Health designed, developed, and instituted a fully integrated...
- Public health training in Europe. Cavallo, Franco; Rimpela, Arja; Normand, Charles; Bury, Jacques // European Journal of Public Health;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p171
Presents a study which reported the conclusions of the public health training project funded by the European Union in 2000. Overview of the developmental approach used; Principles and structure of the European Master Program in Public Health; Benefits of the program for European public health...
- Building a Global Indigenous Health Community of Practice. Kennedy, Andrea Pritchard; Dean, Yasmin; London, Chad; Simon, Dion; Tomaszewski, Andreas // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Aug2013 Supplement 3, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p20
The article presents an overview of a poster presentation of an experience of building an indigenous health community of practice at Mount Royal University at the Third Cross-Cultural Health Care Conference on February 8-9, 2013 in Hawaii.
- State LTC website live. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p17
The article reviews the web site health education, located at www.MyPlaceCT.org.
- LESSONS LEARNED. Berriman, Mark // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2002, p58
Discusses factors behind a successful public health campaign. Embedding of social values; Need for lifelong intervention to prevent obesity and diabetes from occurring in the Australian population.
- WHO OWNS, WHO DEFENDS, SCDNT? Morgan, Michael J. // Self-Care, Dependent-Care & Nursing;Dec2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
Introduces the articles about self-care which were published in the December 2004 issue of the "American Journal of Public Health."