The Growth of UK Companies and Their Contribution to Job Generation, 1985-1987
- Gallup's job creation index. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/ 3/2014, pA02
Gallup's job creation index rose to 23 in March, a 6-year high and a 6-point improvement from a year ago. It rose from 21 in Feb.
- The Ignorant Donor: A Radical Reimagination of International Aid, Development, and Education. Brehm, William C.; Silova, Iveta // Current Issues in Comparative Education;2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p29
The article offers information on the logic of international aid, education and development. The authors believed that the three factors are needed in job creation and demand-side reforms. Moreover, they mention the three are also needed in the creation of trade, monetary and macroeconomic policies.
- States look to improve business assistance programs. Jordan, John // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/2/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 18, p21
The article reports on the importance of business assistance programs in Westchester and Fairfield. It provides an overview on Governor Dannel P. Malloy's first five program that offers multimillion-dollar grants and tax credits in Connecticut and the plan of Governor Robert Duffy of Westchester...
- Hospitality needs more support, less bureaucracy. STAGG, JAMES // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/25/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4762, p5
The author discusses the need for the British government to support the hospitality industry to create more jobs in the region.
- Surprising good news shows faster economic growth. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;2/11/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the economic growth of the U.S. for 2009. The country's gross domestic product (GDP) rate rose by 5.7% in the fourth quarter while consumer spending increased at a pace of 2%. Information on the unemployment conditions in the U.S. including a proposal that offers 33...
- Three Ways to Create Jobs. Cerami, Charles A. // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Mar1994, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p102
The article looks at how tax credits, higher interest rates, and aggressive development of overseas markets can create jobs and stimulate the economy in the U.S. According to the author, one way to create more jobs in the U.S. is through the Human Employment Tax Credit, which would give...
- The Effects of Temporary Partial Expensing on Investment Incentives in the United States. Cohen, Darrel S.; Hansen, Dorthe-Pernille; Hassett, Kevin A. // National Tax Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p457
This article explores the impact of the Job Creation and Workers Assistance Act of 2002 signed by the U.S. President George W. Bush on the marginal cost of equipment investment. Among the bill's key components are temporary tax cuts for new business investment, a temporary relaxation of carry...
- TELECOMS. // Personnel Today;Jun2004 Supp Recruitment, p31
The article reports that the past three years have been characterised by high levels of instability and economic uncertainty in the telecommunications sector in Great Britain, resulting in very limited levels of recruitment advertising during this period. A major employer in Great Britain,...
- Navigating Empire Zone process no easy task. Duffett, Claire // Business Journal (Central New York);5/27/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p7
The article presents information about a conference held at the Oncenter Complex in Syracuse, New York, on June 2, 2005, which was intended to help small businesses understand the complex process of the Empire Zone Program. With the help of a panel of experienced CPAs, the first Onondaga County...