Stadium construction doubts leave San Francisco without a Super Bowl
- City to host NFL awards event on eve of Super Bowl. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/9/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p9A
The article reports that the city of Indianapolis, Indiana will be hosting the National Football League awards at the Super Bowl football championship.
- Dynasties hard to come by in a nomadic sports world. Collins, Bob // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p38A
Argues that dynasties are difficult to attain in the National Football League (NFL). Failure of most defending Super Bowl champions to repeat the following year; Analysis of NFL teams; NFL cap in 1994.
- Governing from behind a computer screen. Davis, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/6/2012 Supplement, Vol. 33, p12B
The article offers the author's views on the planning that governs the delivery of the Super Bowl XLVI, A football game played each year to determine the championship of the National Football League.
- FOOTBALL FAVES. Lloyd, Brenda; Protzman, Sarah // DNR: Daily News Record;11/5/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p27
The article presents a list of National Football League teams that are projected to win the 2008 Super Bowl, including the Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- One of These Cities Will Host Super Bowl LII. Stampler, Laura // Time.com;10/10/2013, p1
The article reports that the U.S. National Football League (NFL) has selected the cities of Minneapolis, Indianapolis and New Orleans, Louisiana as possible hosts for the 2018 Super Bowl LII (52) football tournament.
- What parity? King, Peter // Sports Illustrated;12/4/95, Vol. 83 Issue 24, p42
Focuses on the failure of the American Football Conference (AFC) to beat the National Football Conference 11 Super Bowl games in a row. The AFC's yearly preparations which fall short; NFC dominance with teams like the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers; Coaches Bill Walsh, Bill...
- Endless bummer. Walsh, Bill // Sports Illustrated;2/5/96, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p36
Explains why the American Football Conference (AFC) has not won a Super Bowl in 12 years as of 1996. The team defense in the National Football Conference; The turnovers, inconsistent team defense and weaker quarterbacks of the AFC; Owners, players and coaches being desperate to win.
- Kickoff. Wagner, William // Football Digest;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
Comments on the biggest chokers in National Football League (NFL) history. Teams with 0-4 record in the Super Bowl; Definition of a loser; Teams that never had the chance to play in football's biggest game.
- A Super Bowl victory brings more than a ring. Georgatos, Dennis // Football Digest;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the impact of winning the National Football League's Super Bowl. Rewarding of the ultimate in team success; Memorable game highlights; Popularity of the event; Downside of winning.