Wisconsin's borrowing plans for conservation, construction inch forward
- Florida lawmakers reach eleventh hour for P2000 bills. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p26
Focuses on the bonding program bills for Florida's Preservation 2000 land acquisition and conservation initiative. Disagreement over the use of bond proceeds; Amount of bonds issued by the program annually; Key provisions of the bills.
- We Can Make a Difference. McEvoy, Pat // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Dec2006, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p21
The article discusses the actions taken by the building industry to protect the environment as the importance of energy and natural resource conservation becomes more essential.
- To Save Everglades, Florida Conservationists Call for Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p3
Reports the need of a bond sale to finance the environmental restoration project of the Everglades in Florida. Amount needed; Recommendation of the Audubon Society to the South Florida Water Management District for a legislative authorization; Complexities of the Everglades conservation...
- Suit Attacks Law Enabling Illinois' $400 Million Soldier Field Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by opponents of the renovation of Soldier Field against the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Prevention of the issuance of bonds for the project; Details of the lawsuit filed by Friends of the Parks.
- Florida Agency Unveils $1.5 Billion Proposal to Rejuvenate Everglades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that the South Florida Water Management District unveiled on October 14, 2004, a $1.5 billion plan financed with certificates of participation that will leverage state funds to accelerate its plan to rejuvenate the Florida Everglades. Key features of the agency's Comprehensive Everglades...
- Broward County, Fla., Sells First Tranche of Parkland Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p7
Reports that Broward County, Florida is selling general obligation bonds to finance the purchase of parks and preserve land. Role of Bear, Stearns & Co. and UBS Financial Services Inc. on the sale of uninsured premium bonds; Interest rates; Rating of the park bonds.
- Shoreland construction rules causing some confusion. Cunningham Jr., Geoff // New Hampshire Business Review;8/1/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p36
The article reports on the new Comprehensive Shoreland Protection Act in New Hampshire. It states that the new regulation requires a state permit for most new construction, excavation or filling activities within 250 feet of a shore. The new law also sets up restrictions in a tiered system...
- Back Page. // Contract Journal;11/1/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6599, p15
The author comments on the move of several politicians in Great Britain to be involved in the issue of environment and sustainability. According to the author, people cannot continue to use the world's resources at current rates or continue to pollute it day-in, day-out without there being...
- Arkansas Voters Could Face Over $1.35 Billion at the Polls. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p36
The article reports on the measure seeking a statewide vote on $300 million of general obligation bonds to be issued by the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission sent by lawmakers to Governor Mike Beebe. The proceeds would be used for finance or refinance water, water disposal, pollution control...