Alabama Senate's mid-session stall puts lottery, bond proposals on hold
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- Alabama governor taps trio of underwriters for negotiated GOs. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p3
Reports that the plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman to hire three underwriters to refinance general obligation bonds. Departure from the practice of Alabama of selling debt on competitive basis.
- Voters reject lottery. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on Alabama voters' rejection of Governor Don Siegelman's proposal to create s statewide lottery to generate funds for education. Projected annual revenues from the proposed lottery.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p31
Reports developments on bonds issues in the southeastern part in the U.S. as of September 2002. Stability of the rating on debt issued by Montgomery Medical Clinic Board; Performance rating of Democrat Governor Don Siegelman given by Cato Institute; Implication of the rating given to Florida...
- Alabama Voters Reject Lottery for Education. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;10/20/99, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the decision of Alabama voters to reject the plan of Governor Donald Siegelman to create a state lottery to pay for education initiatives. Details on the proposal; Expectation on the lottery; Impact of the vote on the governor.
- Scrushy, Siegelman appeal bid in case is deflected by panel. // Medical Device Daily;5/19/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 95, p3
The article reports on the conviction of former HealthSouth chief executive officer (CEO) Richard Scrushy and former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman in a 2006 bribery case. The case involved a $500,000 contributions made by Scrushy to a campaign fund for a state lottery. Attorneys for the two men...
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.