Fitch assigns AAA rating to CalSTRS
- Fitch to weigh rating foreign borrowers higher than their countries. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;6/12/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 112, p8
Reports that Fitch Investors Service Inc. will issue ratings to borrowers that could be higher than those of their home countries. Effect of the move on corporate borrowers in emerging markets; Controversy on whether the move is warranted; Benchmarks the corporations must meet.
- Fitch warns on Lebanon, positive on Kuwait, Tunisia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/13/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p20
Focuses on the outlook issued by British ratings agency Fitch on various Middle East countries. Negative outlook on Lebanon; Positive prospects for Kuwait and Tunisia; Retention of stable outlook for Egypt.
- Fitch offers private debt ratings that weigh likelihood of recovering secured collateral. // American Banker;1/31/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the creation by Fitch Investors Service Inc. of a private debt rating. Aims and target market for the service.
- A credit rating agency finds a European partner. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p47
Focuses on Fimalac SA purchasing the credit rating agency, Fitch Investors Service Incorporated. What the point of the merger is; Comments from Stephen W. Joynt. who was president of Fitch when it was purchased from its Michigan-based parent, Van Kampen Group; Reference to other deals relating...
- Erie County, N.Y., Defies Regional Trend, Earns Upgrade on Management Strength. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p3
Reports on Fitch Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of the credit rating of Erie County, New York from A to AA-minus. Strong financial management in the county; Graph showing bond sales in the county.
- No longer the new kid on the block, Fitch IBCA garners criticism, praise. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p37
Reports that rating agency Fitch IBCA Inc. is increasingly recognized in the credit ratings industry in the United States for its analytic work and judgment. Differences between ratings given by agencies; Growing acceptance of Fitch IBCA Inc.'s ratings by investors or clients; Types of...
- New credit yardstick: Cash flow, maturing debt. Plishner, Emily S. // Chemical Week;1/19/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p9
Reports on Fitch Investors Service's development of a measure of corporate credit quality called Fitch cash flow adequacy ratio for chemical companies. Company analysts Thomas W. Hoens and Keith B. Foley's report entitled `Cash Is King in Bond Analysis'; Computation of the average of net free...
- Moody's: Rate Increase Legislation Positive for CalSTRS. Chin, Tonya // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/7/2014, p1
The article reports that bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service supports bill AB 1469, a credit positive for the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS), which took effect on July 1, 2014, as it sets to address the funding gap through 2044. Topics discussed include...
- CALIFORNIA: Not So Positive on CalSTRS. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32764, p9
The article reports on the upward revision made by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general credit rating for the California State Teachers' Retirement System company(CalSTRS) in California. The rating agency revised it to stable from positive and affirmed an AA-plus long-term issuer credit rating...