N.Y.C. education board looks beyond city for bonding help
- Arlington County, Va., Voters To Face $207M in GO Bonds. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p3
The article reports that residents of Arlington County in Virginia are scheduled to vote on approving $207 million of general obligation bonds in five separate ballot questions on November 7, 2006. The borrowing initiative was approved by the county board as part of a six-year capital spending...
- Do It For the Kids. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p37
Reports on the launch of a campaign by the volunteer group supporting a multimillion-dollar general obligation bond proposal for Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma. Concept of the campaign; Overview of the bond proposal.
- Michigan Brings $570M in Revenue Notes to Market for Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p4
The article reports that the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority will sell municipal bonds to address the needs of school district finance. The revenue notes come in a series backed by a letter of credit from Scotiabank and another without that letter of credit feature. The underwriting syndicate...
- Controversial Refinancing Method Gains Ground Among Muni Issuers. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p1
Reports on plans of municipal bond issuers of Washington State to employ refinancing methods to raise their gains. Sector in which issuers are more interested to examine type of financing feature; Shortcomings of refinancing deals; Reason why insurance companies dislike these schemes.
- Finances in focus. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p8
Reports on the municipal bond financing of New Haven, Connecticut and Hope Springs, Arkansas. Benefits for New Haven of a credit rating upgrade from Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Yale University's economic benefits for the city; Uses of Hot Springs' $6.5 million industrial development revenue...
- Richmond, Va., Readies $65.2M of Utility Bonds for This Week. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p4
Reports that the city of Richmond, Virginia, plans to issue utility bonds. Details of the proposed municipal bond deal; Background on the utility projects to be financed by the bond issue; Rating announced by Standard and Poor's for the bond issue.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p18
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through negotiated transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes water revenue bonds from Scottsboro Waterworks Supply Board in Alabama; Hospital revenue bonds from Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority in Arizona; General...
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p21
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through competitive transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes San Luis Obispo union revenue bonds from California Poly State University; Companion drain and branches drain bonds from Michigan; Waterworks revenue bonds from Angola, Indiana.
- Southeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p24
Provides data on bonds issued by United States municipalities as of August 12, 1998. Issuer and purpose; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date; Amount.