- Munis, Treasuries Rise as Equities Cool; New-Issue Supply Keeps Going Strong. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p2
Reports bond market developments as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Effects of airline bankruptcy on government stocks; Reduction of the interest rates.
- TEXAS: Waco Deal Lowers Tax Hike. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p9
The article reports on the statement of Waco, Texas officials that low interest rates on $63 million general obligation bond sale will help keep the city's tax increase lower than expected. The 20-year bonds' interest rate was 4.615% lower than the 5% the city anticipated. On the other hand, the...
- Magic 5% Prompts Mom and Pop to Show Up and Dominate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p6
Analyzes investor interest in the U.S. municipal bond market following an increase in interest rates. Yields since March 30, 2004; Bond issues in the primary market; Retail activity spurred by market weakness; Retail demand in the fixed income arena.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p28
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of September 13, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Government securities prices; Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Index; Reoffering yields.
- N.Y.C. GOs, other 5%'s inch enticingly down the curve. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p9
Looks at the strategies of municipal bond issuers to increase activity in the bond market in the United States. Reliance on the timing of new deals and the increase in back-up in interest rates to promote tax-free bonds in 1999; Efforts to sell more municipal bonds.
- Federal reserve board's rate cut comes too late to halt yield indexes' rise. // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p32
Reports on the movement of the Bond Buyer yield indexes for municipal bonds, as of October 15, 1998. Effects of the Federal Reserve Board's short-term interest cut.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p32
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of April 1, 1999. Includes market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Securities prices; Municipal market yields; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields;...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p39
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 29, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; State and local government series rates; Futures market; Reoffering yields.
- Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p4
Discusses the views of a panel on municipal derivatives at 'The Bond Buyer' periodical's 8th New England Public Finance/Higher Education Finance held in Boston, Massachusetts. Preparation for market anomalies; Increase in the number of municipal derivative deals; Use of Interest-rate swaps;...