- Orlando Highway Agency to Price $428 Million Revenue Sale Tuesday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p8
The article reports on the plan of Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority in Florida, to price $428 million of revenue bonds and terminate six forward-interest rate exchange agreements. Proceeds of the bonds will be used to finance or reimburse the Expressway Authority for some costs...
- An alternative bond relative value measure: Determining a fair value of the swap spread using Libor and GC repo rates. Choudhry, Moorad // Journal of Asset Management;Jun2006, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p17
During the 1990s, a reduced issuance in US Treasury, UK gilt and other sovereign bond markets resulted in the government bond yield curve being viewed as a potentially biased benchmark or indicator of fair value. This led to bond market investors starting to use the interest-rate swap curve as...
- Interest Rate Swaps Under Scrutiny. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32819, p1
The article focuses on the move of bond issuers to consider the conditions on the interest rate swaps as yields rise on auction-rate securities (ARS) in the U.S. A swap is a hedge to offset the variations in the ARS market, under which the issuer pays the counterparty a predetermined fixed rate,...
- Scranton, Pa., School District Mulls Swap Deal, Recently Legalized in State. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p27
Reports on the plan of the Seranton School District to use a complex derivative to secure an upfront cash payment in the bond market in Pennsylvania. Deliberation of the board on the authorization of interest rate swap documents; Expectation for the school district to enter into a...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p6
Provides summary data on derivatives and structured products in the United States for the week leading to July 20, 2005. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- Miami-Dade Inks School Swaps With RBC, Merrill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p1
The article reports on the closure of interest rate swaps of Miami-Dade County School District in the bond market in the U.S. The district introduced competitive bids amounting to 197.3 million dollars to lock up in fixed rates on certificates of participation sold in auction and multimodal-rate...
- Am empirical examination of the interest rate swap market. Malhotra, D.K. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p19
Investigates empirical evidence of the interest rate swap market. Presence of default risk premium in the swap quotes; Decline exhibited by the bid-offer since 1987; Significance of spread over the Treasuries; Existence of term premiums in rates quoted by swap dealers.
- On the edge of the pyramid. // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/14/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5957, p85
Discusses interest rate swaps. Definition of interest swapping; Financial profits derived from the swaps; Corrupt practices involving interest rate swapping.
- The Bond Market Association(TM) municipal swap index. // Bond Buyer;12/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30534, p34
Presents data depicting swap financing activities within the bond market in the United States as of December 2, 1998. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates in comparison with bond yields.