Maryland bonds caught in debate over trustee's role
- WHAT THE ORANGE COUNTY FIASCO MEANS TO THE MUNI BOND MARKET. Hylton, Richard D. // Fortune;1/16/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p121
Discusses the impact of bankruptcy filed by Orange County, California on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Lack of information for investors to gauge how much damage might be done to the county's bonds over the long haul; Revaluation of the most of the county's bonds following the bankruptcy...
- Market Close: With Attractive Yields, Buyers Flood Market With Cash. Riggs, Taylor // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2013, p35
The article focuses on the strong gains posted by the municipal bond market as yields on triple-A benchmark scales fell as much as eight basis points. According to traders, the yields are high enough to atract buyers back into the market. The move taken by Battle Creek, Michigan to come to the...
- Munis, Treasuries Rise as Equities Cool; New-Issue Supply Keeps Going Strong. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p2
Reports bond market developments as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Effects of airline bankruptcy on government stocks; Reduction of the interest rates.
- Bond Funds Keep Their Composure. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;7/25/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33951, p1
The article offers information on the impact of the historic bankruptcy filing of Detroit, Michigan on the U.S. municipal bond funds and their investors. According to managers of municipal bond funds, investors are standing faultlessly after the historic bankruptcy filing in July 2013. It also...
- Orr: Detroit Will Emerge From Ch. 9 With Market Access. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34094, p1
The article presents Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's views on the bankruptcy petition filed by Detroit, Michigan, as of April 2014. The topics discussed include Orr's warning related to Detroit's general obligation (GO) bonds, his views regarding security of unlimited tax general...
- Defaults Reached Record in 2014. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Issue 34242, p1
Municipal bond defaults, which increased to record levels last year as Detroit's bankruptcy boosted the total, may remain elevated this year.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p36
Presents charts and graphs depicting the market performance of the bond market in the U.S. Value of the short-term tax-exempt yields; Series rates of state and local governments; Prices of municipal bonds.
- Muni prices level in `anemic' action as players await new-money deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market on November 14, 1997 which saw tax-exempt secondary prices close without change after lagging a rise in Treasuries earlier in the session. Traders' assessment of the market; Modest gains seen in the bid-wanted lists; Little...
- Mortgage Delinquencies; If Munis are Cheap, Why Does Everyone Hate the Market? Craft, Michael C. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2015, p1
The most recent Mortgage Delinquency Rates highlight a wide dispersion across the nation, while analysis of municipal bond ratios to Treasuries shows munis may not be a "cheap" as you thought.