Federal Reserve Board gives nod to clarifying language in reform bill
- Legal developments. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jun98, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p469
Cites several legal developments affecting US Federal Reserve System's relationship with other countries. Includes stocks removed from failing continued listing requirements; Order approving merger of bank holding companies; Order approving notice to engage in nonbanking activities.
- Legal developments. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov98, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p943
Details several financial laws in the United States. Federal Reserve Systems' Board of Governors' amendment of the Part 203 of its Regulation C which implements the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; Amendment to the Part 205 Regulation E which revised the time periods for investigating alleged...
- Legal Developments. Frierson, Robert de V. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;May99, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p333
Reports on legal developments reported by the United States Federal Reserve System regarding finance, banks and banking in the United States. Amendment of the regulation on the availability of funds and the collection of checks; Orders issued under the Bank Holding Company Act; Order approving...
- House Commerce members to tussle over fed authority. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;10/28/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 208, p2
Cites the role of the US Federal Reserve System as a major issue that House Commerce Committee members are trying to resolve before they vote on financial reform legislation on October 30, 1997. Representative Paul Gillmor's efforts to work on an agreement with Democrat John Dingell to roll...
- Gonzales scolds fed for acting the bully on interest rate hike treat. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;10/7/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 194, p3
Reports on the US House of Representative Banking Committee Henry B. Gonzales' criticism against the US Federal Reserve Board for threatening to increase interest rates. Imputation that the Board does not take into consideration the market impact of such announcement.
- Hedge funds under fire. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Discusses impending law and legislation in the United States on hedging funds. Allegations of causing stock and bond market volatility; Comments from Federal Reserve Board governor John LaWare.
- Gonzalez accuses Fed of covering up abuses in... McConnell, Bill // American Banker;5/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 88, p2
States that the Federal Reserve Board is attempting to cover up waste and abuse in its check-clearing system. Comment by Representative Harry B. Gonzalez; Request for investigation into the practices of the Federal Reserve Board; Accusations by Gonzalez; Alleged violation of the Monetary...
- Warren, Vitter Unveil Fed Bill to Reduce Bailouts. Finkle, Victoria // American Banker;5/14/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 74, p0
The article discusses the Bailout Prevention Act, a bill introduced by U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat, and David Vitter, a Republican, which would limit the authority of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to make emergency loans so as to avoid bank bailouts in any future financial crisis.
- House Hearing Considers 11 Bills That Would Weaken The CFPB. // Michigan Banker;Jun2014, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p28
The article presents summaries of 11 bills that could weaken the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau including the Bureau Arbitration Fairness Act, H.R. 4262, the Bureau Advisory Commission Transparency Act, and H.R. 4383, the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Small Business Advisory...