A wide range of experience is needed on tobacco deals
- UP IN SMOKE. // Ecologist;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the companies that intensified their search for a less harmful smoke.
- Big Tobacco's influence wanes in California. // Nation's Health;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p10
States that the influence of the tobacco industry in California is eroding. Signs that its influence is eroding.
- Miles couldn't read the smoke signals. Crain, Rance // Advertising Age;7/4/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 28, p13
Comments on the tobacco and cigarette industry in the United States. Philip Morris marketer Mike Miles' failure to understand the company's focus on milking the profits from a dying business; Prediction that R.J. Reynolds will continue to use its popular Joe Camel character for present-day...
- Big tobacco rides east. Dreyfuss, Robert // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the dominance of tobacco companies in the United States as suppliers of cigarettes in Vietnam. Emphasis on the Vietnamese consumers' interest for the American lifestyle portrayed by the brands; Size of the Vietnamese market making the country a significant source of business for...
- The Tobacco Acquisition of 2015 is a Done Deal. McBride, Murdoch // Tobacco Products International;Jun2015, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles within the issue including one on U.S. imports of oriental tobacco, another on sub-Saharan African countries' imports of cigarettes, and a decline in prices in the Flue-Cured Virginia (FCV) Flavor markets.
- Anger as Australia outlaws branding on cigarette pack. Brooks, Josh // Packaging News;Jun2010, p5
The article reports that tobacco manufacturers in Australia are angry over the announcement of the Australian government that it would be the first country to ban branding on cigarette packs.
- Tobacco and Its Products. Faraz, Khan // Economic Review (05318955);Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p41
Reports on the tobacco and cigarette industry in Pakistan. Production rate of different types of tobacco; Volume of tobacco and cigarette exports.
- Secondhand Smokes. Stier, Howard // New York;7/22/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p13
Provides information on white-collar cigarette bootlegging in New York as of July 2002. Usual price for a pack of cigarettes; Cost of cigarette cartons sold by an accountant named Donny.
- ROLLING RIGHT ALONG. Wiederer, Dan // National Petroleum News;Jun2003, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p24
Examines the growth of the market share for roll-your-own cigarettes. Major advantage to roll-your-own products; Simplicity of making the cigarettes; Consensus that tobacco retailers and store owners should keep a pulse on the roll-your-own and make-your-own-niches in order to offer their...