New kid on the block
- N.Y. MTA Plans to Sell $600M of Rans Backed by New Payroll Tax. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p3
The article reports that New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is preparing to enter the market with about $600 million of revenue anticipation notes. The bonds will be the first deal backed by a new payroll tax, which enacted by the state in May 2009 as part of a bailout of the...
- Munis Mostly Unchanged as Traders Shrug at Strike. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market in New York City. The people working in the market faced commuting problems as a result of a transit strike. The strike was caused due to a dispute between the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Transport Workers Union Local 100, over a new...
- Muni Prices End Weaker as New Supply Hits the Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34375, p1
Prices of top-quality municipal bonds closed out the day weaker, traders said, with yields on some maturities strengthening by as much as three basis points. In the primary on Wednesday, traders saw several new deals sell, led by the University of Washington; Austin, Texas; and the New York...
- Muni Prices Rise as N.Y. MTA Bonds Come to Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;7/23/2015, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, with yields on some maturities falling by as much as two basis points.
- Municipals End Higher With Treasuries; Salt River Power, Fla. DOT Bonds Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase of municipal bond prices; Price increase in the issued bonds of the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District; Purchase of construction bonds by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. from the...
- Power community will plug away at its effort to grandfather debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1
Reports on the performance of top senior managing underwriters in the municipal bond market in the United States in 1999. Includes Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Goldman, Sachs & Co; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Record volume of underwritings keeps Salomon Smith Barney on top. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p30
Looks at the performance of municipal bond managers in the United States in 1998. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s maintenance of its number one position; Influence of the funds amassed by PaineWebber Inc. on its maintenance of second place rating; Other top bond managers; Bond sales by states;...
- Salomon is big winner of MTA swaption. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p32
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. won the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's swaption derivatives transaction. Value of the transaction; Terms of the deal.
- Munis Finish Unchanged With Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/18/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33116, p2
The article reports updates on the performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market. The municipal bonds from an interdealer trade of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of New York are down by two basis points, as well as the bonds from an interdealer trade of Illinois State...