Familiarity breeds contempt as bad managers rule roost
- Hostility, Job Attitudes, and Workplace Deviance: Test of a Multilevel Model. Judge, Timothy A.; Scott, Brent A.; Ilies, Remus // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jan2006, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p126
The authors tested a model, inspired by affective events theory (H. M. Weiss & R. Cropanzano, 1996), that examines the dynamic nature of emotions at work, work attitudes, and workplace deviance. Sixty-four employees completed daily surveys over 3 weeks, reporting their mood, job satisfaction,...
- WARNING SIGNS OF Turnover Waiting to Happen. Brotherton, Phaedra // T+D;Dec2010, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the results of a study by Sirota Survey Intelligence, titled �Predicting Pent-Up Turnover� which investigated the factors most likely to affect employee turnover. Employee attitudes about career goals, fairness and accomplishment were found to be highly significant in...
- WOMEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF Flex Benefits. // T+D;Mar2007, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p15
No abstract available.
- Indian Workers Demand Training Early and Often. Zeidner, Rita // HR Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the findings of a study of human resources (HR) practices at 28 companies operating in India conducted by a research team from the Villanova School of Business and Right Management based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In surveys of about 5,000 workers, employee...
- Succeed with great employees. Coulter, Bob // Landscape Management;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
Discusses the factors that make a company successful in the U.S> landscaping industry. Importance of employee retention; Growth of employees' skills in the company; Measurement of work efficiency.
- Clarifying Work-Family Intervention Processes: The Roles of Work-Family Conflict and Family-Supportive Supervisor Behaviors. Hammer, Leslie B.; Kossek, Ellen Ernst; Anger, W. Kent; Bodner, Todd; Zimmerman, Kristi L. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jan2011, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p134
Drawing on a conceptual model integrating research on training, work-family interventions, and social support, we conducted a quasi-experimental field study to assess the impact of a supervisor training and self-monitoring intervention designed to increase supervisors' use of family-supportive...
- Roadmap for Employee Retention. Befus, Elizabeth Feigin // National Real Estate Investor;May2004, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p78
Reports that firms can minimize turnover and reap huge financial savings by offering attractive incentives to new employees. Average total turnover for property management positions; Discovery of the fact that employees who leave within the first 90 days account for a substantial portion of...
- Value Importance as a Moderator of the Value Fulfillment-Job Satisfaction Relationship: Group Differences. Butler Jr., John K. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug83, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p420
Inconsistencies in the literature were cited concerning the hypothesis that value importance moderates the relationship between value fulfillment, and job satisfaction. Short forms of the Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire and the Work Values Inventory were used to measure intrinsic and...
- The Joys of Working. Denes, Shary // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
Presents the results of a study on job satisfaction conducted by Digital Marketing Services for America Online. Tendency of well-compensated employees to stay in their jobs longer; Attitude of lower-level employees toward work.