FOX STEPS UP
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- Sports Gear, Clothing And Sneaker Sales Exceed $52 Billion. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p105
Presents data on the U.S. sports products industry, according to the Recreation Market Report of Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association International in 2005. Five largest categories of sporting goods equipment; Sport categories registering significant sales gains; Largest categories in...
- SPRING SHOE GUIDE. Greene, Warren; Shorten, Martyn // Runner's World;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p79
The article evaluates several sports shoes including Asics Gel-Evolution 6, Saucony Procrid Stabil, and Asics Gel-Ds Trainer 16.
- GERMANY: Adidas beats sustainable performance footwear target. Russell, Michelle // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);4/19/2014, p15
The article presents information on the release of the 2013 Sustainability Progress Report from German sporting goods giant Adidas AG. The report highlights progress made by Adidas in several areas. Adidas reported that its target for incorporating sustainable components into its performance...
- ASG Ready for Buyers. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;4/17/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p2
This article reports on the return of American Sporting Goods to the U.S. footwear market. American Sporting CEO Kevin Wulff confirmed that the company has begun informal discussions with investment bankers. Wulff said that the successful and speedy integration of the And 1 brand, which the...
- Specialty athletic footwear stores grab biggest price increase. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p18
The article offers news briefs related to research conducted by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) on the performance of the sporting goods market. Initial data from the NSGA Sporting Goods Market in 2008 report indicates that athletic footwear stores have the biggest price increase....
- Banned Running Shoe Makes Waves. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on Spira Footwear's launching of the the "Banned in Boston" campaign. It is aimed at bringing attention to its nascent brand afftected by a ban of its shoe technology by the International Amateur Athletic Federation and USA Track and Field. The company will pay $1 million to...
- Overall average price of athletic footwear edges up in 2008. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the study conducted by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA), which examines the overall average price of athletic footwear in 2008. The preliminary data has put the average price point for athletic footwear in 2008 at $43.71, a 1.6% increase from 2007....
- Nike Launches Starter At Wal-Mart. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the launching of the Starter performance footwear at 400 Wal-Mart Stores. Details of the Starter Pro men's shoe line; Significance of the launching to Wal-Mart Stores.