Dish Makes Plea to Mets Fans
- Broadcasters welcome Sky victory. Beale, Claire // Campaign;07/30/99, Issue 30, p1
Reports on the decision of Great Britain's Restrictive Practices Court clearing the Premier League of operating a cartel over the sale of its television broadcasting rights. Impact of the decision in protecting BSkyB's hold on televised football; Support given by other broadcasters to the ruling.
- Tennis Is Served. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p38
Focuses on an expected launch of a television channel 'The Tennis Channel,' in the U.S. Details of the deals made for distribution of tennis tournaments; List of shows to be aired on the channel; Planning on the infrastructure and staff for the channel.
- October's oafs. Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;8/27/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p4
This article deals with the television advertising campaigns for the Major League Baseball 2001 playoffs on Fox Sports. Beware of Things Made in October is the tag line of the humorous advertisements promoting Fox Sports' broadcasts of Major League Baseball Playoffs. The central theme in the...
- Scratching a Niche. Wertheim, L. Jon; Kennedy, Kostya; Deitsch, Richard // Sports Illustrated;10/21/2002, Vol. 97 Issue 16, following p28
Addresses plans of television networks to be developed that are devoted to single sports. Plans for the Football Network; Development of The Ice Channel, NBA TV, the National College Sports Network, and two martial arts channels; Reasons for the developments of the channels.
- Must-Not-See TV. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;4/7/2003, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p92
Offers the author's thoughts on five sports cable television networks set to debut in 2003. Football Network; Ice Channel; Black Belt TV; Tennis Channel; College Sports Television.
- Sports Teams Have Sold Out to the Advertisers. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);4/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p27
Reports on the percentage of advertisements in television broadcasts of sports. On-screen quiz; Television network promotions; Commercialization of television on sports.
- Sports on TV: Simply Awful. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;May2002, Vol. 130 Issue 2684, p47
Comments on the television coverage of several sports. Incursion of television into the private element of sports; Description of television coverage of several sports; List of television networks involved in sports broadcasting.
- THE KAGAN BOX SCORES. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p28
Presents charts related to cable television (TV) broadcasting of sports as of October 2002. Terms of TV sports rights agreements; Information on top major sports events ratings; Top cable sports packages.
- TNT, ESPN Take Aim at Hoops Fans. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p48
Reports on the promotional efforts launched by the National Basketball Association's national cable outlets, TNT and ESPN, designed to get viewers. Terms of the deal between AOL Time Warner Inc. and Walt Disney Co.; Description of the television spots run by ESPN about its broadcasting of NBA...