PixelPlay Brings Atari, Hasbro to ITV
- PixelPlay nets Atari license. // CED;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
The article presents information on a deal signed by games aggregator PixelPlay to port four relatively timeless Atari Games Inc. games and four Hasbro Inc. board games for U.S. and Canadian interactive television (iTV) platforms. Through this deal Atari Games Inc. will get iTV versions of...
- Interactive multimedia computing. Meng Wang; Jinhui Tang; Xian-Sheng Hua; Tat-Seng Chua // Multimedia Systems;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p365
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the system that accomplishes image annotation of a game, the summarization scheme and browsing of image search results and security and privacy issues of interactive television.
- Gaming by CABLE: Is Your System Ready to Play. Zavistovich, Alex // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
Forecasts the emergence and success of multiplayer gaming via interactive television cable networks. Approaches to deliverig interactive online gaming; Significance of using broadband connections for gaming; Marketing strategies outside the U.S. INSETS: BOTTOMLINE LET'S PLAY A GAME;PARTNERSHIPS...
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...
- Columbus Dispatch owner to provide interactive TV. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p25
Reports on plans of the Columbus, Ohio-based Dispatch Printing Co. to create a subsidiary which will provide wireless interactive television services in the area. Use of interactive television to facilitate banking, home shopping and college registration services.