How the NBA Slices, Dices Game Night
- Nets Score With Solid Basketball Playoff Ratings. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the household ratings posted by Turner Network Television (TNT) for broadcasting the first round of the National Basketball Association playoffs in the U.S. in May 2005. Comparison between the ratings of cable TV networks TNT and ESPN for the playoffs coverage; Significance of the...
- STATIC. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;8/18/2003, Vol. 227 Issue 33, p8
The National Football League (NFL) is implementing a system in which television networks can call on NFL director of officiating Mike Pereira during the game. CBS hired Chris Russo as a reporter at the U.S. Open as insurance he will cease and desist in his annual coverage-bashing on WFAN radio...
- German soccer TV rights war. Kindred, Jack // Hollywood Reporter;10/3/95, Vol. 339 Issue 12, pI-5
Reports that the German Soccer Association will announce the bid winner for television rights for the 1997-98 season on October 21, 1995. Number of bids received; Consideration for the ISPR bid.
- Tape-based editing lives on. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p36
Highlights the views of a television broadcasting industry expert and some vendors about the potential of tape-based editing. Trend toward digital and non-linear editing (NLE); Application of tape-based editing for news; Advantages of NLE; Tape as a good acquisition medium.
- Inside NBA TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 45, p28
Presents an interview with Steve Hellmuth, senior vice president of NBA Entertainment, regarding their plans to launch a high-definition (HD) network in 2005. Requirements for an HD network; Impact of the decision of the company to start its own HD network on its relationship with other HD...
- 3D HD Gains Momentum. Dickinson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 50, p14
The article reports on the move of Sony Electronics Inc. and Fox Sports Co. for the production of 3D HD broadcast of the FedEx Bowl Championship Series (BSC) college football national championship game on January 8, 2009 in the U.S. Jerry Steinberg, senior vice president of field operations for...
- College Sports Network Lands NCAA Tourneys in Deal With CBS. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the deal of the College Sports TV network (CSTV) with CBS to produce and televise the National Collegiate Athletic Association championships in the U.S. Terms of the TV programming rights of CBS; Promotional considerations in the agreement; Relationship of CSTV with CBS.
- Follow the money (and the truck, too). Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p21
Reports on the profit gained by cable providers in the U.S. from airing college basketball games as of October 2003. Dominance of sports cable television provider ESPN in the airing of the basketball games of the National Collegiate Athletic Association; Comments from Ed Edhardt, president of...
- CRACKDOWN. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on a moratorium imposed by the National Football League (NFL) on all team oriented local sports networks to protect its national TV partners and its startup NFL Network in the U.S. Information on its partnership with Comcast Corp. for the creation of team-based networks for the Atlanta...